Mora’s Visibility | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mora’s Visibility

Reaction Score
So you don't think it would be interesting to hear Mora talk about the newest recruits? I would like to know why we recruited so many DBs. Are some of these players changing positions?

How are they going to get down to roster limits? Is UConn now able to go over 105?

I know we can wait until spring practice...but there are only a few times during the offseason where Mora can engage with the media and fans. Would have been nice to hear from him.

And before the hyper defensive jump on me for saying this....I'm not losing sleep over this....it probably doesn't matter....and I still love everything Mora is doing. It just would have been nice.

Not really. I’m sure he’ll talk about it in another venue soon enough.

Reaction Score
So you don't think it would be interesting to hear Mora talk about the newest recruits? I would like to know why we recruited so many DBs. Are some of these players changing positions?

How are they going to get down to roster limits? Is UConn now able to go over 105?

I know we can wait until spring practice...but there are only a few times during the offseason where Mora can engage with the media and fans. Would have been nice to hear from him.

And before the hyper defensive jump on me for saying this....I'm not losing sleep over this....it probably doesn't matter....and I still love everything Mora is doing. It just would have been nice.
Mora is easily obtainable to any member of the media who wants to chat with him.

I honestly think it is just an editorial decision on the part of media. They ah r limited bandwidth and decided to cover the hoops team. They don’t even cover the hockey program at all.

Just not enough writers to go around .

John

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Mora is easily obtainable to any member of the media who wants to chat with him.

I honestly think it is just an editorial decision on the part of media. They ah r limited bandwidth and decided to cover the hoops team. They don’t even cover the hockey program at all.

Just not enough writers to go around .

John
I guess that's the reality of the situation. It's pretty obvious that the local media have decided their limited resources won't be used to provide extensive coverage of the football team. Mora probably likes it...he didn't have to answer tough quarterback questions all season...lol.

Reaction Score
I also think that the Athletic Department is “ pushing” his presence as much either. Which is completely normal. I saw him at a hockey game earlier this year and unless I missed it, there was no announcement. He was there high giving kids and chatting with fans.

Reaction Score
Perfect example to dispute the OP 's point. Some people obviously don't realize he's the most visible Coach we've ever had, they're just looking in the wrong spots for him.
Good point. He's not only the most visible HC we've had he is also the most welcoming. He understands the importance of it. He works at it. To Edsall it was an annoyance and he let everyone know it. I considered him a PR disaster. Red pants and P just didn't know how to use it. Neither of them were strategic with the media. Mora is light years ahead that group.

Reaction Score
I also think that the Athletic Department is “ pushing” his presence as much either. Which is completely normal. I saw him at a hockey game earlier this year and unless I missed it, there was no announcement. He was there high giving kids and chatting with fans.
I didn’t know Mora got high. Who was he giving kids to?

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
As a 65+ yr old Husky alum I can really relate to Pal's quote. Still working full time in high tech but constantly focused on the value I (believe I) can bring to new generations, and maybe some former ones. Investing in the future. Love the spirit and dedication JM has brought to Storrs.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom