Monitoring v Alert? | The Boneyard

Monitoring v Alert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
He's not saying a lot here.

For those hoping for a B1G invite, my guess is the wait will last quite a bit longer. He'll see how the Big 10 Network is received in the Greater New York Metropolitan Market (i.e basic tier, sports package, A la carte, etc.), watch to see UConn's progress towad AAU status, and then determine if it is worth offering to UConn or BC. By which point UConn my be on its way to the ACC (to potentially, and ironically, replace BC). Yes, UConn has an all aound better program than BC, but BC has the media market and Charter Communications may be willing to put up less of a fight for service than Time Warner or Cablevision.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
conspiracy kitty, why did Delaney say Warde's catchphrase?
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Do you really need me to answer this for you? Let me ask you a question. Why would Herbst suddenly emphasize our push toward AAU status? Now Delaney is clearly providing cover for Manual? Connect the dots, my friend. Connect the dots.

U

UConn9604

Big 10ish commissioner Jim Delany's ponderings, and some realignment comments at the bottom of the linked article. Nothing specific, just monitoring. Or, alert.

"According to sources, the movement to change the division names began with the recent decision to extend invitations to Maryland and Rutgers. Big Ten officials are unsure as to which division each school should be assigned, as neither institution can accurately be referred to as either a 'Leader' or a 'Legend'..."

Reaction Score
conspiracy kitty, why did Delaney say Warde's catchphrase?

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Do you really need me to answer this for you? Let me ask you a question. Why would Herbst suddenly emphasize our push toward AAU status? Now Delaney is clearly providing cover for Manual? Connect the dots, my friend. Connect the dots.

imagesCAAQCNNP.jpg

Reaction Score
Did Warde pull a Jedi mind trick on Delaney...
Or maybe Delaney pulled a jedi mind trick on Warde...

It's got to be more than just coincidence that Delaney used the very catch-phrase we have been slamming Ward with for the past several months.

Maybe it's a code from Delaney to the BY... Lets see if Delany mentions Dunkin Donuts.

CL82

Reaction Score
Did Warde pull a Jedi mind trick on Delaney...
Or maybe Delaney pulled a jedi mind trick on Warde...

It's got to be more than just coincidence that Delaney used the very catch-phrase we have been slamming Ward with for the past several months.

Maybe it's a code from Delaney to the BY... Lets see if Delany mentions Dunkin Donuts.
Delaney Tweet: "We will continue to be alert regarding conference realignment. We recognize that we have much to offer other institutions including some of the finest donuts in the world."

Reaction Score
Donuts has been so overused as a term on this board that now, instead of banner headlines trying to sell me Russian women, I am being appealed to to buy dietary supplements from GNC.

I beg of some of you -- could you please leave the donut jokes alone so I can go back to getting pictures of women instead of vitamins on top of the boards?

Thank you.

Reaction Score
Delaney Tweet: "We will continue to be alert regarding conference realignment. We recognize that we have much to offer other institutions including some of the finest donuts in the world."
I'm guessing it might be a little more subtle...

delaney tweet: "WM... Time to make the donuts... repeat, Time to make the donuts... "

Reaction Score
Donuts has been so overused as a term on this board that now, instead of banner headlines trying to sell me Russian women, I am being appealed to to buy dietary supplements from GNC.

I beg of some of you -- could you please leave the donut jokes alone so I can go back to getting pictures of women instead of vitamins on top of the boards?

Thank you.
Interesting... I am getting ads for FillipinoCupid.com.

Reaction Score
Based on computer cookies BL and you must have a more exciting browsing history that I do. All I get on the banners is Keurig ads.

I'd say I don't drink coffee, but that would imply that I buy Russian women. So I guess I won't say anything.

Reaction Score
Based on computer cookies BL and you must have a more exciting browsing history that I do. All I get on the banners is Keurig ads.
I just get German engineering firms. :(

CL82

Reaction Score
Why does it have to be monitoring vs being alert? Why can't it be both as in...

"Warde Manual was monitoring the bakery alert for donuts."

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score

Thank you.

Yeah, hate to say this but a high percentage of your ads are "remarketing" efforts from sites where you previously visited but may have not made a purchase. You'll see it everywhere you are on the web including this site.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yeah, hate to say this but a high percentage of your ads are "remarketing" efforts from sites where you previously visited but may have not made a purchase. You'll see it everywhere you are on the web including this site.
So if he actually buys a Russian woman, rather than just gawking at them the ads will stop? There you go Biz. I knew someone would come up with a fix.

Reaction Score
So if he actually buys a Russian woman, rather than just gawking at them the ads will stop? There you go Biz. I knew someone would come up with a fix.
Well, it may suggest why some prefer not to install any ad blocks?

Reaction Score
He's not saying a lot here.

For those hoping for a B1G invite, my guess is the wait will last quite a bit longer. He'll see how the Big 10 Network is received in the Greater New York Metropolitan Market (i.e basic tier, sports package, A la carte, etc.), watch to see UConn's progress towad AAU status, and then determine if it is worth offering to UConn or BC. By which point UConn my be on its way to the ACC (to potentially, and ironically, replace BC). Yes, UConn has an all aound better program than BC, but BC has the media market and Charter Communications may be willing to put up less of a fight for service than Time Warner or Cablevision.

Boston has the bigger media market if you're talking about TVs watching NCIS or American Idol. How many times does it need to be point out that unless the college teams are "puking up" on ice, no one in Boston gives a crap about college sports? It's all about the Red Sox, the Patriots, the Bruins, the Beanpot, the Celtics, Bruins strike updates, Red Sox beer and chicken updates, Tom Brady & Bill Belichek, the Red Sox prospects for a July 31st trading deadline move, the Celtics youth movement circa 2014 . . . . . There is no college market. BCU could eliminate all sports (except for hockey) and no one would know for two months.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Boston has the bigger media market if you're talking about TVs watching NCIS or American Idol. How many times does it need to be point out that unless the college teams are "puking up" on ice, no one in Boston gives a crap about college sports? It's all about the Red Sox, the Patriots, the Bruins, the Beanpot, the Celtics, Bruins strike updates, Red Sox beer and chicken updates, Tom Brady & Bill Belichek, the Red Sox prospects for a July 31st trading deadline move, the Celtics youth movement circa 2014 . . . . . There is no college market. BCU could eliminate all sports (except for hockey) and no one would know for two months.

It's not about what is phyically on the television screen. What matters is where in the cable channel line-up the B1G Network lies. Is it on the basic digital cable tier? Only HD? Included as a sports package add-on? The B1G Network gets money from the cable company based on subscriber exposure, regardless if anyone actually watches the channel. $$ based on ratings is driven by advertisers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom