Money Heist | The Boneyard

Money Heist

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Was looking for something to binge and as I refuse to waste brain cells on Joe Exotic, I saw Money Heist has become immensely popular on Netflix worldwide, so gave it a go.

It's a Spanish TV series, so it's all dubbed. And for reasons I can't explain, the dubbing of the female characters is like 1000x better than the males, who all sound like bad amateurs save for perhaps Berlin, Moscow and Helsinki. Female leads are strong.

Basically, the premise is that the bad guys take on huge unthinkable heists and are smarter than the "good" guys, although whether there are any "good" guys may be the whole point. Took me a few episodes to warm up to it, but once it got going towards the middle/end of season 1 and all of season 2, it was a fun ride. Lots of interspersing of flashbacks to explain how decisions were made, and narration is spotty, but it all makes sense, if requiring suspension of belief quite often.

Now into season 3 which is a different plot than the first two, and some really vile characters have been added on both sides. A pregnant, lollipop sucking police interregator who makes the Marquis de Sade look like a puppy is especially notable.

Reaction Score
Was looking for something to binge and as I refuse to waste brain cells on Joe Exotic, I saw Money Heist has become immensely popular on Netflix worldwide, so gave it a go.

It's a Spanish TV series, so it's all dubbed. And for reasons I can't explain, the dubbing of the female characters is like 1000x better than the males, who all sound like bad amateurs save for perhaps Berlin, Moscow and Helsinki. Female leads are strong.

Basically, the premise is that the bad guys take on huge unthinkable heists and are smarter than the "good" guys, although whether there are any "good" guys may be the whole point. Took me a few episodes to warm up to it, but once it got going towards the middle/end of season 1 and all of season 2, it was a fun ride. Lots of interspersing of flashbacks to explain how decisions were made, and narration is spotty, but it all makes sense, if requiring suspension of belief quite often.

Now into season 3 which is a different plot than the first two, and some really vile characters have been added on both sides. A pregnant, lollipop sucking police interregator who makes the Marquis de Sade look like a puppy is especially notable.

Liked the first heist, because it had an ending. Watching the new current seasons and I have a few more episodes but I hope it has a finish

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34
Top Bottom