Monday's (Mar. 2) top 16 reveal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Monday's (Mar. 2) top 16 reveal

Reaction Score
You're cherry-picking to the extreme.
I like cherries, but my simple point is if Ucla plays Nortwestern, they would have no problem beating them. That said what cherries do you think the committe are picking to make UCLA a 2 seed and NW a 3 seed?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I like cherries, but my simple point is if Ucla plays Nortwestern, they would have no problem beating them. That said what cherries do you think the committe are picking to make UCLA a 2 seed and NW a 3 seed?
Ha oh okay. A team that loses to USC and Washington would never lose to Northwestern. What a convincing argument.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This was a great question.

Can a question be great if it's never asked?

I don't think the question, as presented, is great at all. What needs to happen for UConn to become a 3 seed? Can that happen without a loss in the AAC tournament? Also, what guarantee is there that UConn as a #3 seed would end up in Fort Wayne? There is none of course but maybe we can just assume that to make it cleaner. How's this:

Would you prefer that UConn lose in the AAC tournament and become a 3 seed if that meant UConn would be assigned to the Ft Wayne Region?

Yes
No

Reaction Score
Can a question be great if it's never asked?

I don't think the question, as presented, is great at all. What needs to happen for UConn to become a 3 seed? Can that happen without a loss in the AAC tournament? Also, what guarantee is there that UConn as a #3 seed would end up in Fort Wayne? There is none of course but maybe we can just assume that to make it cleaner. How's this:

Would you prefer that UConn lose in the AAC tournament and become a 3 seed if that meant UConn would be assigned to the Ft Wayne Region?

Yes
No
The best chance for UConn to get to FT Wayne is for Maryland or L'ville to have a bad loss in their tournaments while UConn does it's usual thing in AAC tourney.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The best chance for UConn to get to FT Wayne is for Maryland or L'ville to have a bad loss in their tournaments while UConn does it's usual thing in AAC tourney.

I agree, but that's not what these 2 posters are talking about. They suggest an alternative path that would have UConn as a #3 and are wondering how UConn fans would feel about that.

Reaction Score
I agree, but that's not what these 2 posters are talking about. They suggest an alternative path that would have UConn as a #3 and are wondering how UConn fans would feel about that.
You are correct their supposition makes no sense. The only way you control your own destiny is to win when you get the chance. UConn's problem is they won all they could , except to the top 3. L'Ville focused on besting the Ducks in a 3rd day of back to back to back island games and winning a weak ACC. This has paid off despite their three bad losses including a home loss to FSU who just lost at home to a 12-17 ND. Maryland is riding winning a lousy Big 10 despite their 4 losses to get their #1 seed. Everybody wants to be in their bracket. With this reveal, I am sure Adia Barnes and Arizona would love that 4 seed. I am sure Scott Rueck and the Beavs are hoping they can bump her to get that slot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom