Monday Night Proof . . . | The Boneyard

Monday Night Proof . . .

Reaction Score
That the UConn women are NOT bad for the sport! This will likely be the most highly viewed regular season game ever. The talking heads have been shouting the woman's game for weeks, why? Because of UConn.
They have talked about the players, they have talked about Geno and the staff and they have covered every aspect of what it takes to get to this point.

Every woman's basketball fan in the country will be watching along with closet fans and liars that don't want to eat crow on the topic. The UConn winning streak has generated more publicity for the sport than any single event this season. The electricity surrounding this game is that of a NCAA final and it is still the regular season.

Not bashing anyone or any other school, just pointing out that it has become more obvious than ever that UConn is GOOD FOR THE GAME. ;)
I leave the floor open for those that agree or disagree.....

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
In the immortal words of the Michael McCreevey of the Royal Rooters "nuf sed"...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The electricity surrounding this game is that of a NCAA final and it is still the regular season.

ESPN lead up includes re-telecast of 3 UConn games on 208. Plus a re-telecast of the three episodes of the Geno A Project. ESPN is certainly all in on this, one way or the other.

I have hit record on the infamous Stamford game, but I doubt I'll be watching it. Once was enough.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Especially when we leave no doubt with the final score :)

Reaction Score
During the NBA game today on Channel 8 between the Spurs and Knicks -- during the game they were talking about the UCONN women and flashed stats showing what they've done in comparison to other teams / sports.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
During the NBA game today on Channel 8 between the Spurs and Knicks -- during the game they were talking about the UCONN women and flashed stats showing what they've done in comparison to other teams / sports.
I can't act as if it isn't deserved. Now if we could only get them to talk about Washington, Maryland, Baylor, ND, and so many others that are deserving.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Just promotion; ABC/ESPN=same company.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Just promotion; ABC/ESPN=same company.

Finally! Promotion of women's basketball -- a welcome respite from the incessant promo of myriad products by Brett Favre or Peyton Manning.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
they need to have a streak of 99 wins before that can happen
And a sad state of affairs in WCBB or in WBB as a whole if that really is true.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Finally! Promotion of women's basketball -- a welcome respite from the incessant promo of myriad products by Brett Favre or Peyton Manning.
But, ESPN is promoting $$$$ for themselves.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I can't act as if it isn't deserved. Now if we could only get them to talk about Washington, Maryland, Baylor, ND, and so many others that are deserving.

It's why UConn is BAD for the GAME. Where i that Tongue in Cheek emoticon; I was told it was on order months ago.

Reaction Score
I got my new UCONN hat that I will wear for triple digit streak games only. So help me wear the hat out guys. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom