Monday Morning Yard Goat Update | The Boneyard

Monday Morning Yard Goat Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Drilling into a sewer line during construction and making the entire city reek of human waste all summer?

That's just Malloy's breath.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Opening day, April 2017

maybe

with a little luck

Reaction Score
I'm planning on going to see the Bees. Will take kids who don't care if it's a goat, or a bee as long as the snacks flow endlessly. I know that they screwed up but letting this stadium sit unfinished is unbelievable. Is there going to be a Hooker Brewing? Have not heard anything lately on that either.

Reaction Score
They won't even know all the problems until the stadium is thoroughly inspected. The city hired a company to do this then cancelled the contract.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I've heard Joe D. mention on the radio that there may be an issue with the team losing its affiliation with the Twins in the next year or so. That would be problematic.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I've heard Joe D. mention on the radio that there may be an issue with the team losing its affiliation with the Twins in the next year or so. That would be problematic.
I thought they were affiliated with the Rockies. Twins left a few seasons ago.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
are the Tax Payers of Hartford footing the bill for this stadium or is this a private deal?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Half done?

It's certainly not done. I drive by literally every day, and unless they plan on the stairwells being open air and overlooking the road, that stadium is not done. Parts of the facade on the exterior are also incomplete. That's just stuff that I can see without knowing anything about construction. It's probably 75% done.

Reaction Score
Wonder if the owners are glad they left New Britain? Does it make them less profitable over the next 10 years than they would have been had they stayed?

Reaction Score
It's certainly not done. I drive by literally every day, and unless they plan on the stairwells being open air and overlooking the road, that stadium is not done. Parts of the facade on the exterior are also incomplete. That's just stuff that I can see without knowing anything about construction. It's probably 75% done.

One of the articles had that report with all the incomplete tasks. The city said they thought it was half done, the developer said 95% done. Then the developer was fired. Maybe 50-75%?

Let's keep in mind. They were supposed to be playing there in APRIL

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
One of the articles had that report with all the incomplete tasks. The city said they thought it was half done, the developer said 95% done. Then the developer was fired. Maybe 50-75%?

Let's keep in mind. They were supposed to be playing there in APRIL
Right. And I'm sure there are dozens of unidentified problems still. With how rushed construction was, they could end up with a stadium that has structural problems ten years down the line. I never got why they didn't just set the opening date for next season to begin with. This whole thing has been a trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom