Mompremier to Baylor | The Boneyard

Mompremier to Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Looks like some current players may become "student coaches" pretty soon. I look to see Chardone Fuqua' moved to a different role with the team. I also suspect that we are going to see some attrition pretty soon.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Where does this put Baylor in the class rankings now that we have snagged Brown and Mompremier? This class could put Baylor back in the NC discussion.

Not sure we will have room for Cox or Holmes, at this rate.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Baylor two post player in a few days. As for Tennessee having the improvement of Moore. Russell, and Graves next year. I think we will be fine in post.

Reaction Score
Where does this put Baylor in the class rankings now that we have snagged Brown and Mompremier? This class could put Baylor back in the NC discussion.

Not sure we will have room for Cox or Holmes, at this rate.

Great pickups for Baylor. At this point I would be shocked if Cox or Holmes followed in their footsteps.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Holmes is likely going to Texas.

Not sure about Cox, but I heard she was a very strong lean to Baylor. Not sure if this changes anything, but it could.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Of course you would think that :rolleyes:
Well I'm not worried about post be t year. Russell will be fully healthy. The guard play will be very good. That player that transferred from UNC will play.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Holmes is likely going to Texas.

Not sure about Cox, but I heard she was a very strong lean to Baylor. Not sure if this changes anything, but it could.

Didn't we *just* have that story where Cox's dad basically said that even he didn't know what Lauren was thinking?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Fair enough, here's the exact quote I was thinking of, by the way.

“Baylor is an hour-and-a-half away and it’s a drive,” Dennis Cox said Wednesday. “Yeah, we’ve been to football games there. We’ve visited some schools that we can drive to. Don’t read anything to it. I don’t think (distance) is a priority for her. Lauren keeps pretty much to herself so I don’t know if she’s going to go near or far, east or west, north or south, or hot or cold.”

Anyhow, good get for Baylor in Mompremier. Any fears of redundancy between her and Brown?

Good problem to have, I suppose.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Didn't we *just* have that story where Cox's dad basically said that even he didn't know what Lauren was thinking?

Yes we did. I try not to put too much weight on message board posts about recruits and where they're headed. For example, in just the past several months I've read that Asia Durr was going to Uconn and then to ND after UConn was eliminated; I've read that Dangerfield would not commit to UConn; I've read that Kalani Brown was going to Texas A&M; and I've read that Mompremier was choosing between OSU and Tennessee. All this is based on what posters "heard."

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Didn't Baylor get involved pretty late with Mompremier? Makes you wonder if Kim isn't so sure about her ability to land Holmes and Cox and decided to grab the bird in hand.

Reactions: HGN

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Of course you would think that :rolleyes:
Wish I could give you 100 likes for that post. A Duke fan smacking down a Tennessee fan? <sniff> That was beautiful! ;)

Side note to ETT - Tennessee fans think Mulkey is "dirty" and "makes false promises". Those comments peppered with "we don't need them anyway - 2016 is loaded with better prospects" etc etc. Problem is I don't see (at this point) Tennessee leading for any elite post prospects (Cox, Holmes, or McCoy). Those are the 3 posts in the top 10 in most lists. Not sure if they are on the radar of Johnson - a top 15 post prospect from Duncanville, TX

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Wish I could give you 100 likes for that post. A Duke fan smacking down a Tennessee fan? <sniff> That was beautiful! ;)

Side note to ETT - Tennessee fans think Mulkey is "dirty" and "makes false promises". Those comments peppered with "we don't need them anyway - 2016 is loaded with better prospects" etc etc. Problem is I don't see (at this point) Tennessee leading for any elite post prospects (Cox, Holmes, or McCoy). Those are the 3 posts in the top 10 in most lists. Not sure if they are on the radar of Johnson - a top 15 post prospect from Duncanville, TX

Well, most Tennessee fans are delusional. Don't they also think Geno is dirty?

I am thrilled with what has transpired the last few days. I am not sure if this closes the door on Cox and Holmes, but Baylor is going to loaded with post presence. Higgins has not made an effort to get in better shape and she may very well be sitting at the end of the bench next season if is does not use the off-season to transform her body. So much wasted potential.

I would not be surprised to see Buckner transfer out. She is probably going to be redshirted this year and with the talent coming in next season I think she will read the writing on the wall and look at another university.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well, most Tennessee fans are delusional. Don't they also think Geno is dirty?

I am thrilled with what has transpired the last few days. I am not sure if this closes the door on Cox and Holmes, but Baylor is going to loaded with post presence. Higgins has not made an effort to get in better shape and she may very well be sitting at the end of the bench next season if is does not use the off-season to transform her body. So much wasted potential.

I would not be surprised to see Buckner transfer out. She is probably going to be redshirted this year and with the talent coming in next season I think she will read the writing on the wall and look at another university.
And IF that happens, and it opens up a spot or 2 for Cox or Holmes, look for Tenn fans to find something egregious in that as well.

All I can say is congrats to Baylor - a great week for their fans - and even tho you lost to Ken$ucky, and we lost to Stanford, the future still looks bright.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That's adding a lot of post presence. Good get(s) for Baylor.

Reaction Score
Baylor has a roster of 13 players with one senior. They have a class of 5 for next year. In other words, Mulkey is kicking some people to the curb. I hope all recruits are watching how she handles business.

Reaction Score
I'm not gonna lie. It stings to lose out on both posts we pursued. We will now be in trouble if any of our posts are injured next year. With that being said, I don't agree with coaches recruiting over players they have already signed. We will just wait and see who has to go at Baylor. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Mulkey now try and reschedule us after canceling the series when Griner left. Who ever said women's bball wasn't exciting????

HGN

Reaction Score
Baylor is really Loading up for a NC run over the next 4 years.........Brown and Mompremier , alone , gives them a good frontline.... It does concern me that we could not match up with them presently. Stands to be seen who UConn picks up over the next year to combat the big frontlines of the Baylor's , LadyVols, USC , ND , and now Stanford. As evident last night.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'm not gonna lie. It stings to lose out on both posts we pursued. We will now be in trouble if any of our posts are injured next year. With that being said, I don't agree with coaches recruiting over players they have already signed. We will just wait and see who has to go at Baylor. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Mulkey now try and reschedule us after canceling the series when Griner left. Who ever said women's bball wasn't exciting????

You know that Baylor does not lose much sleep over Tennessee, right? In fact, you rarely even cross our minds...until we snag two top players that you were desperate to have.

Maybe Tennessee fans should worry more about scheduling UCONN instead of Baylor. That would go a long way in proving that UCONN doesn't scare the crap out of you.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor has a roster of 13 players with one senior. They have a class of 5 for next year. In other words, Mulkey is kicking some people to the curb. I hope all recruits are watching how she handles business.

You have zero information about what is in the works at Baylor. You are just upset that you didn't get either Brown or Mompremier so you are looking for a way to vent your frustration, which I can understand. Griner whipped your ass for a few years and now Baylor is stealing your recruits right from under your nose...a nose that once was in the air but now tends to point downward as you hang your head.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
How did you steal a recruit when she wanted to go to Baylor since 6th grade? Seems like had she gone to Tennessee, Mulkey didn't do her job.

As for Mompremier, from her statements, it sounds like she let Brown make the decision for her. She wanted to go to a school that had a true center, so she could play the 4. Wherever Brown went, she was going too.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
And IF that happens, and it opens up a spot or 2 for Cox or Holmes, look for Tenn fans to find something egregious in that as well.

All I can say is congrats to Baylor - a great week for their fans - and even tho you lost to Ken$ucky, and we lost to Stanford, the future still looks bright.

Sure helps soothe the sting of losing to Kentucky, but that loss didn't really surprise me. The teams are pretty evenly matched and UK had a big advantage with the home court and the crowd. We may meet again in March.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
You have zero information about what is in the works at Baylor. You are just upset that you didn't get either Brown or Mompremier so you are looking for a way to vent your frustration, which I can understand. Griner whipped your ass for a few years and now Baylor is stealing your recruits right from under your nose...a nose that once was in the air but now tends to point downward as you hang your head.

It's not information, it's a fact. There are 13 on scholarship now, and five signed for next year, and one Senior. Since the five have already signed, they only way any of those can leave is if Mulkey let's them out of their NLI, which is possible if the recruit wants to. It kills two birds with one stone so to speak.

The only other option would be that some people currently on the roster have to go, whether voluntarily or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom