Momentum Changing Calls | The Boneyard

Momentum Changing Calls

Reaction Score
Tough loss today and unfortunately the team is not yet talented enough to overcome poor free throw shooting, key injuries and momentum changing calls by the officials. If we had hit our free throws we win going away, so I’m not making excuses, but man do we get a bad whistle in the most crucial moments. At least 5 calls in the last few minutes plus overtimes when we needed one to go our way did not. Off the top of my head:
-Blown jump ball call where WSU somehow called a TO without the ball
-A touch foul on the floor that wasn’t being called all game that took away a Bouknight layup.
-CV saving the ball but getting called out of bounds
-Gilbert charge you end the game

Tough loss for the good guys who played their hearts out.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Tough loss today and unfortunately the team is not yet talented enough to overcome poor free throw shooting, key injuries and momentum changing calls by the officials. If we had hit our free throws we win going away, so I’m not making excuses, but man do we get a bad whistle in the most crucial moments. At least 5 calls in the last few minutes plus overtimes when we needed one to go our way did not. Off the top of my head:
-A touch foul on the floor that wasn’t being called all game that took away a Bouknight layup.

You missed the elbow Echineque gave Akok in the chops. All three announcers called it Flagrant but not the stripes

Reaction Score
Sorry if it has been mentioned, but after the Gilbert charge in second OT did the Wichita player shuffle his feet on the inbounds play? That would be a travel.....correct? I was screaming at TV.

Of course there was a lot of other stuff to complain about but that really bothered me.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
D96CF04C-D1FE-454F-9FF2-959C4D36543A.png

Should have had 2 shots and the ball and the goaltend should have never happened. Potential 6-7 point swing.

Reaction Score
That has been called a flagrant in other games I have watched but honestly I think it’s not the proper call. Incidental contact and honestly not exactly a big elbow. But I surmise if we were on the other end of that it would have been called against us.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
That has been called a flagrant in other games I have watched but honestly I think it’s not the proper call. Incidental contact and honestly not exactly a big elbow. But I surmise if we were on the other end of that it would have been called against us.

brimah got multiple flagrant ones where he was doing much less but the guys face happen to hit his elbows. It is either a flagrant1 or not.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It’s a dumb rule but a rule that was not followed

Reaction Score
It’s a terrible rule (as are many college rules), but it’s typically enforced. Not sure why that wasn’t the case today.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Hurley was definitely calling for that Flagrant ... I'd agree with most that it really shouldn't have been because it was incidental, but by rule any elbow in that area is a Flagrant.

The charge / block on Gilbert was awful as well.

The goaltend was a goaltend, but should have been nullified or at least in addition to the Flagrant in our favor (not sure the rule there - if it wipes out the subsequent play or not).

temery

What?
Reaction Score

This ^^^! This is how to criticize the refs without looking like a whining, pissy little bitch with a mouthful of sour grapes.

The thread title is a thing of beauty.

Well done

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah, there were 5 or so "worst call you've seen all season" plays in one game. It's pretty insane that they didn't overrule the out-of-bounds saved by CV. Isn't there an "inadvertent whistle" rule?

Reaction Score
beat on AG instead - got it

When one of your starting guards is shooting 32% through 16 games, there is bound to be some criticism. That has got to be historically low. By comparison, people constantly ripped on Taliek and he shot 44% for his UConn career.

Missed free throws in overtime cost us this game. Period.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom