Molly Finds Some Love | The Boneyard

Molly Finds Some Love

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"She was a Cape Cod girl who used to shoot baskets in the driveway until her fingertips went numb while her mother was yelling that dinner was on the table. Now Molly Bent is a freshman playing nearly 10 minutes a game on the greatest women’s college basketball team in the world."

For a small-town Cape girl, a taste of the big time at UConn - The Boston Globe

molly23.jpg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You guys and gals are a hard audience: “He said, for me, it’s making things happen on the defensive end,” she says. “Don’t just be out there trying not to make a mistake. I have to go out there and attack because with the players that we have now on the team, I’m not going to get a ton of shots.”

Lots of other good stuff here in this article.

Reaction Score
Great article. I loved reading that Molly was nervous meeting Sue Bird the first time and she's not intimidated by Geno.

Head on straight. Great attitude. Hustles. Tries to get better. Pushing herself. Listens to coaching.

What else can you ask for from a freshman? The light bulb is just going to turn on and watch out!

Reaction Score
You guys and gals are a hard audience: “He said, for me, it’s making things happen on the defensive end,” she says. “Don’t just be out there trying not to make a mistake. I have to go out there and attack because with the players that we have now on the team, I’m not going to get a ton of shots.”

Lots of other good stuff here in this article.

Every day Molly is trying to get better, and every day she is working at it, whether it’s on the court or off the court,” Auriemma said. “All you can ask is that kids take every opportunity they can to get better, and that’s exactly what Molly does.”

If there is a God in heaven---he'll make certain this super nice young woman does not finish last--and everything she knows and does come's together to get a spot on the team and hopefully some definitive minutes during the Tournament. She may not be a star (yet) but her star shine's brightly..

Reaction Score
I really like this kid and believe her to be underrated as an athlete. Her next step needs to be to not pass up so many good open looks. It'll be interesting to see how big her improvement will be next season. In her favor is that she's a guard, because the front court will be loaded.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I really like this kid and believe her to be underrated as an athlete.
I agree with you. Did you see that Geno show where she was doing that catch the ball with one hand, dribble between your legs, and then pass with one hand drill? She revealed a muscular physique there. And then there's the Havlicek thing.

Reaction Score
Great piece. I hope those who had written Molly off, thought she should leave the program, related her to mop-up time forever, choke on it. Clearly she's a fighter. Geno recruits for a reason. He saw something. He thought she could contribute at some point and she's going to give it hell to prove him right. Go get 'em Molly.

Reaction Score
Great article! I hope Molly achieves her dream(s). My favorite line from the story was this:

“You just never question a guy who has won 11 national titles,” says her mother, Kathy.
I liked this one also as it related to some former players that we will never see their name on the wall but gave it their all....;)

"We were walking through Mohegan Sun,” says her father, “and some fans said, ‘Molly, would you sign this?’ And she’d say, ‘Dad, imagine what they’d do if I actually did something?’ ’’

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Molly has worked very hard. Her success on the court, however, has lagged behind. I think it will kick in at some point. We may not recognize her in October. Keep working!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom