Molly Bent | The Boneyard

Molly Bent

G

GayForWBB

Anyone notice that Molly Bent wasn't in any of the photos at the Celebration of the Season dinner thing? Did she leave the program? Was she sick?

Reaction Score
Anyone notice that Molly Bent wasn't in any of the photos at the Celebration of the Season dinner thing? Did she leave the program? Was she sick?

My alma-mater posted this on their website earlier this week. One of the Babson volleyball players died earlier this week and the services were held on Friday morning.

Babson Athletics Mourns the Loss of Olivia Brodt '19 - Babson

The similarities (same age, hometown, and seemingly all-around great kid) seem way too coincidental that it had to be the reason Molly was not in attendance at the Celebration of the Season. My thoughts and prayers are with Molly and the entire Brodt family as nobody should have to go through what they have had to this last week.

Olivia Brodt Obituary - Doane Beal & Ames | Hyannis MA

Reaction Score
This is the type of unspeakable tragedy that breaks the hearts of us older folks and reminds us how precious is the joy and enthusiasm that youth expresses.

BRING, in this timeless grave to throw

No cypress, sombre on the snow;
Snap not from the bitter yew
His leaves that live December through;
Break no rosemary, bright with rime 5
And sparkling to the cruel crime;
Nor plod the winter land to look
For willows in the icy brook
To cast them leafless round him: bring
To spray that ever buds in spring. 10

But if the Christmas field has kept
Awns the last gleaner overstept,
Or shrivelled flax, whose flower is blue
A single season, never two;
Or if one haulm whose year is o’er 15
Shivers on the upland frore,
—Oh, bring from hill and stream and plain
Whatever will not flower again,
To give him comfort: he and those
Shall bide eternal bedfellows 20
Where low upon the couch he lies
Whence he never shall arise.

A.E. Housman, A Shropshire Lad

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
My alma-mater posted this on their website earlier this week. One of the Babson volleyball players died earlier this week and the services were held on Friday morning.

The similarities (same age, hometown, and seemingly all-around great kid) seem way too coincidental that it had to be the reason Molly was not in attendance at the Celebration of the Season. My thoughts and prayers are with Molly and the entire Brodt family as nobody should have to go through what they have had to this last week.

Very sad. In 2008 the Rutgers community lost a fan to the initial cancer that the young lady suffered from, and her parents formed a charity called Kier's Kidz. The charity specifically funds gene sequencing for individualized treatment of affected individuals. It is considered a pediatric cancer, although Kiersten was in her early 20's. During her lifetime she helped to raise awareness of the disease through her association with RU Women's Basketball, which made her an "honorary" Scarlet Knight before her passing; CVS was one of her last visitors that she recognized (she played BB briefly in a lower division before the illness struck).

There are seldom positive outcomes from these terrible diseases, and stories like the Olivia's are so, so sad.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Molly repeated her sophomore year in prep school, so they were probably the same age. I bet they were friends.

Such a sad situation! Peace to Olivia, her friends, and family.

Reaction Score
Batouly Camara wasnt in the picture either. Why was she not there?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom