Mojo Anyone? | The Boneyard

Mojo Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The men's board had a couple of great threads about feeding the mojo for a UCONN victory. Do any of you have rituals to feed the mojo? When the game gets close I turn the channel and circle 10 times around my living room chanting "you can do it!" before I switch back. I also have three different shirts that I may change at any time. Anyone else want to share their own version of crazy to ease the wait until 8:30?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I DVR the game. Start watching it about half-time. Or depending on what I'm doing I may not watch it til it's over. But I'll usually check the score around half-time and then late in the 2nd half. If we are up enough I'll switch over to the game live and watch the end (then go back and watch the rest).

By not watching it live, I don't have to worry about where I sit or what I am eating, drinking or wearing. ;)

Reaction Score
wow, I thought I was the only one! Good to hear that others fell the same.

Reaction Score
I like to watch the game live so I can be surprised by what happens...the good and the bad. My only superstition is I lay on the floor, because it's more comfortable.
After covering sports for many years I've learned that disappointments sometimes happen (or often if a Minnesota sports fan) and that it's all right in the end. It's become easier and easier to forget the disappointments and instead revel in the victories when they come.
Also, there's no cheering in the press box.

Reaction Score
I slept in my UConn sweatshirt last night. I warned about this being the 13th UConn NC game. I don't know what else I can do for now to appease Lord Mojo.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I do not have any inside information, but I am confident that Southbranch will be wearing his never-fail mojo cap tonight. That otter do it! (But do remember that being superstitious is bad luck!)

Reaction Score
I watch the games with my laptop on my lap so I can cheer and groan right along with my BY family. Helps keep me sane and calmer than I would otherwise be.

I wear the shirt that has the most recent count of National Championship years - wearing the 8 time national championships shirt tonight.

I get a Coke Zero at half time to walk off some nervous energy and gear up for the stretch run.

I never post a score prediction for the semifinal and championship game. Seems just too likely to offend the mojo gods.

If the score is close under 8 minutes, I rub the UCONN logo or the husky picture on my shirt.

Finally, I never read the pre-game newspaper articles.

Reaction Score
If the game is closer than ten points (and this is ANY UConn basketball game that I am not at), I leave the family room and come to this room which is the far end of the house. I can hear the cheering from the TV, that's it. I then follow the thread on the boneyard. If we are up by more than ten, I STAND in the TV room and pace, the whole time, cheer great plays. Last night I had a great run in the TV room, but once we went under ten, had to follow from here, with frequent peeps back into the room. Under same circumstances, husband will read a magazine right in front of the TV. I do not wear any special clothes or eat or drink any special food. That IS a deliberate act of mojo.

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
We're all about mojo here. Hubby is wearing a 2004 Dual Championship t-shirt. Mini chick will be wearing the cheerleading outfit much like in my avatar (only a little bigger) and will have her little pompoms ready to go. I'll be wearing the same t-shirt that I wore on Saturday and Sunday. I've got tattoos ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom