MoJeff released by Dallas | The Boneyard

MoJeff released by Dallas

Reaction Score
SadEmoji2.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seattle certainly is missing Canada, and Moriah might fit in there. Minnesota doesn't look like they WANT a guard (cut Clarendon and Dangerfield), but they sure look like they NEED one. Now that she's gone from Dallas, I can root against Mabrey and Arike energetically and without any hesitation.

Reaction Score
There are so many variables involved in making a WNBA team for everyone but the few locks. Talent is only just one factor. There are plenty of very capable players not in the league that have never really even gotten a chance to play on a team. This is especially true for the younger players who have not had the time to establish a reputation in the league. Too many players fighting for too few spots.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Moriah's body held up wonderfully in college
far less so in the pros
What a shame

Reaction Score
For all the talk about coming to Uconn making it easier to get to the WNBA, I think the only 2 really successful Uconn players in the WNBA in the last 7 years since Stewie's class have been Stewie and Phee.

Reaction Score
For all the talk about coming to Uconn making it easier to get to the WNBA, I think the only 2 really successful Uconn players in the WNBA in the last 7 years since Stewie's class have been Stewie and Phee.
And Gabby, Kia, Katie Lou.

Reaction Score

there is nothing "easier" about it .... it is about really hard work and they all know it up front.

Reaction Score
And Gabby, Kia, Katie Lou.

I did qualify my statement by saying "really successful". As much as I love Lou, my favorite Uconn player in the last 6 years, I would not say that she has had a really successful career. The same can probably be said about Gabby and Kia. Your mileage may vary.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
There are so many variables involved in making a WNBA team for everyone but the few locks. Talent is only just one factor. There are plenty of very capable players not in the league that have never really even gotten a chance to play on a team. This is especially true for the younger players who have not had the time to establish a reputation in the league. Too many players fighting for too few spots.

Agreed. And regarding the 'Too many players fighting for too few spots ...," the Wings had three point guards on their roster. MoJeff was the senior in terms of experience. However, Dallas -- somewhat inexplicably to me -- signed Tyasha Harris to a long-term deal in the offseason, then drafted Veronica Burton, a guard who looks like a poster player for Coach Vickie Johnson.

For MoJeff, perhaps she and another point guard like Lindsay Allen, could land with a team that develops back-up point guard issues as the season progresses. I keep looking at Washington, which has two undersized rookies in back-up roles.

Good luck, MoJeff!

Reaction Score
I did qualify my statement by saying "really successful". As much as I love Lou, my favorite Uconn player in the last 6 years, I would not say that she has had a really successful career. The same can probably be said about Gabby and Kia. Your mileage may vary.
as opposed to successful? or really really successful? I would say if they made it onto an opening day roster - really hard - that qualifies.

Seven players from the 2016 team made it onto opening day rosters. That's pretty good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom