MoJeff played all 40 minutes....and more.. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

MoJeff played all 40 minutes....and more..

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
That foul call on Mo in the 1st half when she dove for a loose ball and the LV player rolled over her was a joke.

I think it was the right call. They were both diving for the ball but she undercut the LVille kid. If the roles had been reversed, folks here would be yapping that no foul was called.

That doesn't change the fact that she is a major impact player. It looks more and more as if she can shoot the 3, she has improbable finishes around the hoop, and if she can develop a pull up like Sue Bird, it might be hard to find a better rounded point, especially when her D is added into the equation.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Moriah Jefferson and Breanna Stewart, along with the steady and excellent Morgan Tuck, made for an epic recruiting class. If you look at performances against Duke, Baylor, and Louisville, you have no doubt that the recruiting class is living up to the hype as one that can win multiple NCs. Stewie is a game changer, but MoJeff changes individual games at an elite level if not WCBB in general. As I've said before, she plays the game the right way, and you have to love that about her. To combine her skills with the elite athleticism she possesses means you get to enjoy some of the layups she executed yesterday. Those were eye-popping, and so is her ability to hit three-pointers. (now a capable 37%). As was stated earlier in thread, she was the most highly touted PG prospect in a decade. When all is said and done, she may just be the best PG in at least that long.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Some strange calls today. By my count there were at least four that were just wrong. Maybe the ref.s were distracted by someone's "orange" legs?

You wanna change your leg color? Not for me, but your call. But orange. Orange? Someone needs to have a talk with her.

Reaction Score
During one of Mo's free throw attempts toward the end of the game they had the camera on her face and she looked like her breakfast consisted of espresso beans and coffee, she didn't look tired at all. She was like super alert.

Ah to be young and full of adrenaline.

Reaction Score
The definition in that arm is spectacular - and something that wasn't there when she arrived in Storrs. With that pose she is beginning to look like Michelangelo's Sistine ceiling!
mojetsistineceiling.jpg

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
MoJeff's sky-high pass was to Saniya at the 3:59 mark, as I remember Pam saying at the time, "Even Chong isn't that tall (like 10 feet tall)."

MoJeff was unquenchable fire out there yesterday, but I'm not sure why that big lazy lug Stef could only stick it out there for 39 minutes. Why does she need any time off? C'mon Big Mama, gut out another minute for the team.

Interesting though that MoJeff and Stef both had 5 assists and 3 TOs.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
MoJeff's sky-high pass was to Saniya at the 3:59 mark, as I remember Pam saying at the time, "Even Chong isn't that tall (like 10 feet tall)."

MoJeff was unquenchable fire out there yesterday, but I'm not sure why that big lazy lug Stef could only stick it out there for 39 minutes. Why does she need any time off? C'mon Big Mama, gut out another minute for the team.

Interesting though that MoJeff and Stef both had 5 assists and 3 TOs.
There were two airmailed passes from Jefferson - that one was from about half court, and Mo just got mixed up as to who was running along the baseline - thought it was Stewie again in which case it would have been perfect! (Or it was Mo's simple hint to Chong that she needs to grow another six inches and fast if she want's to be any good!:cool:)

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I think it was the right call. They were both diving for the ball but she undercut the LVille kid. If the roles had been reversed, folks here would be yapping that no foul was called.

That doesn't change the fact that she is a major impact player. It looks more and more as if she can shoot the 3, she has improbable finishes around the hoop, and if she can develop a pull up like Sue Bird, it might be hard to find a better rounded point, especially when her D is added into the equation.

From my perspective, cohenzone, MoJet got to the ball first, and did so without making undue contact with the LVille kid. I think the problem was, the ref simply didn't think that it was possible - that MJ, from where she was, could beat the LVille kid to the loose ball without fouling. She is that fast, but, the official didn't believe their own lyin' eyes!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
From my perspective, cohenzone, MoJet got to the ball first, and did so without making undue contact with the LVille kid. I think the problem was, the ref simply didn't think that it was possible - that MJ, from where she was, could beat the LVille kid to the loose ball without fouling. She is that fast, but, the official didn't believe their own lyin' eyes!
It is also the case of offensive vs defensive player - while the ball was loose it was coming from a Louisville possession so even if Moriah touched the ball first if her action carried her into the Louisville player she is called for the foul - It has happened a lot on potential steals out top - I do not agree with the interpretation on some of the calls, but the benefit is definitely given to the offensive player.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Don't think so from the replay, the refs got it right. But it didn't matter one way or the other.

Reaction Score
i don't know if anyone has said this but i am making another nickname for her....."Swoosh"

Reaction Score
UConn has the basketball version of football Army's Blanchard [ Mr Inside], Davis [ Mr Outside ] in Stewie [Ms Inside ], Moriah [ Ms Outside ], UConn's Dynamic Duo.

Reaction Score
She's the one and only BonnBonn. I'm still willing to consider that she may yet end up the greatest PG in the history of wcbb. Big talk, I know, but she rises and rises with no apparent top end yet in sight. I loved the drive down the lane that she finished with the reverse layup today, just a thing of beauty. There will be more and more of that as teams realize her outside shooting has to be respected. So they come out on her, and the second they do, there's the first step and she's already by them. Basketball can be a thing of beauty, and she is an artist.
She could use a nice pony tail though.

Reaction Score
A legend in her own time, imagine. She is being wronged by being left off the AA list this year. One of the best players in the country, if not the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom