MoJeff -- +2 | The Boneyard

MoJeff -- +2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
The first + is for better & better play. She is getting the college game figured out.
Everyone has seen this, and many have commented on it.

The second + is for super post-game interviews. Mo has done two of these interviews in the past 2 weeks. She is a delightful person. Humble, wise, thoughtful, team player, very high basketball IQ.
Wonderful English language skills. A gentle but captivating voice. She reminds me of Maya -- which is high praise indeed!

Moriah has "charmed" the SNY post game and side-line reporter who obviously enjoys her interviews with our smallest and fastest Husky.

And Moriah has charmed me, too. I see her quickly becoming one of the all-time favorite players for
many UConn fans.

Reaction Score
Until she makes three threes in a row, she is just very good, great is still a long way. But I think she will do it by tournament time.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
you didnt expect her "english language" to be anything less... did ya?

With all due respect, Choc -- I'll bet you that Moriah knows that when speaking of the English language, the E should be capitalized.

Love & stuff,

OC

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
wow... you got me there but still did answer my question. (dang it I forgot my caps)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
wow... you got me there but still did answer my question. (dang it I forgot my caps)
I hear there is a shortage because the dentists took them all. They make a killing on them.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
More likely because folks have assumptions and know she was home schooled.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Moriah has already demonstrated the ability to get steals on defense and get baskets or free throws by driving to the hoop. And she is getting more and more assists (having Stef and Kaleena and Breanna as targets helps).

Once she adds consistency from the perimeter, she will be a candidate for the Gampel wall.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Until she makes three threes in a row, she is just very good, great is still a long way. But I think she will do it by tournament time.

So for you, three 3 point baskets in a row is the mark of greatness. Odd...

Reaction Score
Moriah has already demonstrated the ability to get steals on defense and get baskets or free throws by driving to the hoop. And she is getting more and more assists (having Stef and Kaleena and Breanna as targets helps).

Once she adds consistency from the perimeter, she will be a candidate for the Gampel wall.

We had someone like this a while back, very fast, pesky defender, lots of assists...no consistent outside shot ---Lorin Dixon?
But I think MJ has a great outside shot and is not afraid to shoot, she hasn't found her range yet.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
We had someone like this a while back, very fast, pesky defender, lots of assists...no consistent outside shot ---Lorin Dixon?
But I think MJ has a great outside shot and is not afraid to shoot, she hasn't found her range yet.

with the exception of a handful of games, Lorin Dixon (a favorite of mine) did very little in game shooting. This little one is very different, quite unafraid to take it to the basket or launch a jump shot.

Reaction Score
She is indeed well spoken, with proper grammar and well thought out sentences. Correct grammar slowly is dying out as more and more misuse of the language is becoming commonplace and without correction.

Did I do that good? :p

Damage Control?

Reaction Score
It is so much fun seeing somebody suddenly explode onto the scene. Even better when they are so likable, and when she brings more than game to the party. The interview she gave after the game showed a young woman with natural smarts and bright inner fire. As for her game: We can enjoy ranking on the ranking services, but sometimes they really get it right. Case in point.

Reaction Score
Is there a more likeable player on UCONN right now? I don't think so. She is just a typical Geno recruit..... smart, nice, not afraid to play defense and can score a ton. Saniya Cheng is coming in and she is from the same mold. Go Moriah. Kelly Faris is Superwoman in disguise.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I wonder if you would use that particular phrase to describe Stef or Kelly or Caroline, for example. Or do they not speak English in Texas?
He has in the past. OC was an English instructor.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
proper grammar has taken such a back seat. When I was a kid, my mother constantly corrected us when we misused good, well, used double negatives, split infinitives and so on. These types of errors can be found everywhere in sports and even general news shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom