Moe Petrus On Crowd Booing | The Boneyard

Moe Petrus On Crowd Booing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There were some boos raining down late in the first half after two McEntee throws went way out of bounds, and he was sacked and lost a fumble on the next play. The players heard them, too. "I understand why," center Moe Petrus said. "But it would be better if they stuck with us through thick and thin." Nicely said.

From http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/

I just can't agree with booing our team. I know they play poorly sometimes (okay, a fair amount of the time), but they're just kids. They're not professionals getting paid millions of dollars. Sometimes fans gotta show a little more patience with this stuff.

Reaction Score
I think most of the booing was for coach P for sticking with McEntee. Coach P is a paid professional and to his credit he pushed the right buttons in the second half. Hopefully we have now found the right QB formula for winning. McEntee and McCummings pretty much splitting the job.

Reaction Score
I think most of the booing was for coach P for sticking with McEntee. Coach P is a paid professional and to his credit he pushed the right buttons in the second half. Hopefully we have now found the right QB formula for winning. McEntee and McCummings pretty much splitting the job.

When the crowd is booing because our team just made a play, I don't think the players will ever construe that as "booing the coach"

Anyone who boos their own team at a college game is a moron in my book. Unfortunately, there are a lot of morons.

Reaction Score
I was in attendance, and I was booing the Coach. Clearly , McEntee was struggling, and a change has been needed for a while. I don't believe in booing kids, but as a fan who shells out 55 dollars a tix, which helps pay Coach P's million dollar salary, I think we have right to be heard.

Reaction Score
booing the players is bad form and that happened, no question. But if anyone deserved to be booed, it was Petrus for his antics. he wasn't. clearly, McEntee was booed the second time he overthrew an open receiver at the sideline. he can't make sideline throws very well. (but over the middle, he's not bad).

Reaction Score
There were some boos raining down late in the first half after two McEntee throws went way out of bounds, and he was sacked and lost a fumble on the next play. The players heard them, too. "I understand why," center Moe Petrus said. "But it would be better if they stuck with us through thick and thin." Nicely said.

From http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/

I just can't agree with booing our team. I know they play poorly sometimes (okay, a fair amount of the time), but they're just kids. They're not professionals getting paid millions of dollars. Sometimes fans gotta show a little more patience with this stuff.

I was embarrassed for McEntee even though I believe he's plain awful and should not step out there again. The fact he's oput there is the coaches fault not his, he wants to be and should want to be even when not getting the job done. PP has propved close to inept in grading the QB spot thus far but booing is for idiots no matter what you're thinking. I was on the 40 yard line and "said God he's awful" a few times but noone but the many people around me who agreed heard me. Everyone can hear booing and it is childish and worthless. They are afterall, much better than any of us aren't they? They're trying?

Anyway if it's not McCummings all the time or McCummings/Neibrich than PP is just a blind sob. Good companies do not keep putting out products that suck and don't win and win the public over!!

Reaction Score
When the crowd is booing because our team just made a play, I don't think the players will ever construe that as "booing the coach"

Anyone who boos their own team at a college game is a freaking moron in my book. Unfortunately, there are a lot of freaking morons.
I booed at PP for keeping mac in...put a check in the column for me as moron

Reaction Score
I booed at PP for keeping mac in...put a check in the column for me as moron

Fans pay good money, and they can boo if they want. Dissapointed in Moe's comments. Thick and Thin? Uh yeah, that is why we go to the games. I will support this team whether they are 0-10 or 10-0. And I also reserve the right to voice my displeasure.

The coaches could have solved the problem by removing a player that is over his head. They didn't. The crowd booed. 5 first half turnovers. People were mad. Not sure how that is not sticking with the team.

Reaction Score
Thick is paving the way for almost 200 rushing yards

The boos were for frustration with the coach, the turnovers, and yes, the stupid penalties. The fact is the crowd didn't pack up and go home after that horrible display of football in the first half (both teams, just not fun to watch), they stayed and were into the game even while giving up points in the 2nd half. Hell, even on the women's board they say boo the play not the player.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I don't care if it was directed at the head coach, his staff, the athletic department or the school itself, we should not be booing kids (who happen to be amateur athletes) and the only conclusion anyone on the field or sidelines can draw from the horrendous sound that came down after than incomplete is that the boos were directed at one or more of our players. Those who did boo should absolutely be ashamed of themselves.

For the record I have held this stance from the days when I was an undergrad student and Corny Thompson was the best player on the basketball team. If someone wants to boo one or more professional baseball, football or basketball players, they should feel free. The player is supposed to be doing a job and is being paid for it. Expected standards of performance are (or at least should be) entirely different for kids who with few exceptions are doing this as a means to make their way through school.

Reaction Score
Honestly feel awful for McEntee. It's like he's being hazed by PP.

Reaction Score
I agree, it was for coach PP. He's impossible to deal with with his crazy play calling an QB rotations.

Reaction Score
People who boo these kids are totally classless. My guess is not one of these balloon knots ever strapped up for a D1 team. Don't give me this crap that you paid for your ticket so you have a right to boo.

Reaction Score
Yes, but that is the concern in a sense, is McCummings a worse thrower (if possible) that McEntee? His one attempt was a bumbled play.

I agree, McEntee may be worse than Tyler Lorenzen.

I was embarrassed for McEntee even though I believe he's plain awful and should not step out there again. The fact he's oput there is the coaches fault not his, he wants to be and should want to be even when not getting the job done. PP has propved close to inept in grading the QB spot thus far but booing is for idiots no matter what you're thinking. I was on the 40 yard line and "said God he's awful" a few times but noone but the many people around me who agreed heard me. Everyone can hear booing and it is childish and worthless. They are afterall, much better than any of us aren't they? They're trying?

Anyway if it's not McCummings all the time or McCummings/Neibrich than PP is just a blind sob. Good companies do not keep putting out products that suck and don't win and win the public over!!

Reaction Score
For those that don't agree with booing college players ( I agree to by the way )... welcome to BCS football... Since it's so doggone money driven... It's business FIRST... Same can be said when you look at D1 College Basketball... See, we're already well established there, so that part of the billion dollar industry we call college sports ( consisting of bball and D1 A football ) will not allow us to put out a poor product on the basketball court... bottomline, upgrading to BCS football means putting an improving product on the field... QB play is a primary position on the field... When we look at the subpar play at the position on our team the boos are gonna come... But it's NOT intentionally directed at the players.. The coaches are responsible for who plays and who doesn't...

Reaction Score
The anger in my section was directed at the coaching and frustration at the 5 turnovers. Did I boo? No. Do I think people have the right too? Yep. I think it was obvious who the crowd was booing when Coach P was being interviewed going into half time.

Reaction Score
the way i see it, you go there to support the team. if that's why you're there, then why would you boo? it doesn't help the team win. cheering them on helps the team win by uplifting the players. you're entitled to do what you want, but you have to be a very petty, small person to feel better about yourself by booing college kids.

Reaction Score
When they stop charging for the games, no $12 for parking, no $8 for beer and the coach is a volunteer and they pass the hat around to pay for uniforms then I'll say I shouldn't boo when I see the need.

Reaction Score
I think it is pretty classless to even boo the opposing team when they run out of the tunnel, its twice as bad to boo our own team

Reaction Score
For those that don't agree with booing college players ( I agree to by the way )... welcome to BCS football... Since it's so doggone money driven... It's business FIRST... Same can be said when you look at D1 College Basketball... See, we're already well established there, so that part of the billion dollar industry we call college sports ( consisting of bball and D1 A football ) will not allow us to put out a poor product on the basketball court... bottomline, upgrading to BCS football means putting an improving product on the field... QB play is a primary position on the field... When we look at the subpar play at the position on our team the boos are gonna come... But it's NOT intentionally directed at the players.. The coaches are responsible for who plays and who doesn't...

It's a business for the schools not the players.

Outside of a few FB players on the forum there are not 5 people on here that could do for a week what these guys do for 12 months.

Reaction Score
Makes you wonder how some people raise their kids.

Soccer dad... "You suck Jimmy, score, score, score.....boooooo"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger