Modified rule | The Boneyard

Modified rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We already have a rule about dragging over insults from other forums (it's a no-no) but I am going to add Twitter, Facebook and blogs to it. Don't bring that junk here; if you feel you need to talk about an insult, address it where you find it. I'm sure if we scour the Internet we'll be able to find something from not-too-complimentary to downright insulting but there is no need to bring it here.

Adults getting all upset over the spewings of a teenager? Really?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Hey it's your board, but when young adults who are getting a free education to a supposedly elite institution of higher learning to play basketball use a public social networking site to bash their colleagues, I think it's relevant and newsworthy. It's also worth being upset about.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
my concern is does the coach thinks its ok, Im sure she doesnt know about but if/when she finds out what would be done.

I think its a teaching moment... calling someone FAT isnt nice especially if she doesnt know if the person is having an issue with her weight (not saying KML is)

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
This is why I love the UConn ban on Twitter. Teenagers can say stupid stuff to each other all they want, but once you put it online it never goes away.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Hey it's your board, but when young adults who are getting a free education to a supposedly elite institution of higher learning to play basketball use a public social networking site to bash their colleagues, I think it's relevant and newsworthy. It's also worth being upset about.
Like I said, there are probably other insults out there in cyber-world. Are we going to spend all of our time scouring the 'Net so we can get upset about this stuff? How about just replying to the kid and telling her she's out of line, if you must? Besides, by dragging the insults over here, you're blasting them out for the whole world to see rather than keeping it among the circle of the girl's friends.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Good rule. Thanks Nan.
For those who worry about it - you can always write to the AD or the coach of a twitterer if you want to get upset or think it deserves action. Personally I think this is teenagers being teenagers and doing dumb things.
And I do approve of the twitter ban at Uconn during the season. I think it just takes one source of distraction away from the team.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
Real leadership, Nan!!! I agree with you completely - especially since the UCONN WBB program does not permit in-season Twitter, etc for the players. If the rule is good enough for the players it is good enough for the board!!!:)

Reaction Score
You speak about Facebook & Tweeter, how about what's said & pictured on U-Tube?

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Oh come on Artifact. The post was clearly labeled as having cussing in it. Get over it. It was our girls and they were having a great time with a very funny comedian. If you don't like it - don't click on it.

Reaction Score
You did the right thing Nan. As AboutWeston said, Real leadership!

Reaction Score
We already have a rule about dragging over insults from other forums (it's a no-no) but I am going to add Twitter, Facebook and blogs to it. Don't bring that junk here; if you feel you need to talk about an insult, address it where you find it. I'm sure if we scour the Internet we'll be able to find something from not-too-complimentary to downright insulting but there is no need to bring it here.

Adults getting all upset over the spewings of a teenager? Really?
What is this all about ?Who said what about our ladies ?

Reaction Score
Oh come on Artifact. The post was clearly labeled as having cussing in it. Get over it. It was our girls and they were having a great time with a very funny comedian. If you don't like it - don't click on it.
Actually I was disappointed the UCONN players would hang out with a foul mouthed comedian(?).

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Don't wish your poor sense of humor on the rest of us. ;)

Maybe it's a generation gap or something, but I don't find humor in cussing. I think of humor as being wit, not simply using the "F" word repeatedly. Of course, George Carlin was different. He could use foul language brilliantly.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Hey, what's going on here... The "Modified" rule actually states that engine and suspension modifications are permissible as long as they comply with the change list and the measurements outlined in your vehicle's class requirements, but that the remainder of the vehicle must meet stock requirements.

Your Ol' SCCA Boo

Reaction Score
I always thought that our girl basketball players were "Roll Models" for the youth of America!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I always thought that our girl basketball players were "Roll Models" for the youth of America!
No, they're teenagers and young twenty-somethings.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score

Did you perhaps mean "Role Models" or are you twitting our Old Pal Boo??

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Actually I was disappointed the UCONN players would hang out with a foul mouthed comedian(?).

Are you kidding? Maybe the comedian was learning the foul language from UConn players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom