Mock Drafts - Byron Jones 1st Round | The Boneyard

Mock Drafts - Byron Jones 1st Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Like I said before, scouts really loved his film. What the combine/work outs really accomplished is show that he is as good an athtlete at the position as you will find coming from any program.

Reaction Score
All I know is I'm going to have my son practice the broad jump for 6 hours a day for the next 6 years.

get him to dead lift 3 times his body weight and he will put up a big number

Reaction Score
The Cowboys are also a team in need of secondary help and a possible landing spot for Byron.

Cowboys: Connecticut CB Byron Jones projected at No. 27 overall to Dallas in Mel Kiper's Mock Draft 4.0 -via ESPN

Reaction Score
If he slips to the 2nd round, I have seen talk that the Niners maybe interested.

Reaction Score
http://www.scout.com/story/1537045-2015-nfl-mock-draft-14-0?s=143

Jones RND 1 - 29

CB Byron Jones
Uconn
Byron Jones
Height: 6'1
Weight:199
Hometown: New Britian, Ct.
College: Uconn
Class: 2014 SR
Position: CB
Rating:
Overall Rank: 54
Pos Rank: 6
Indianapolis Colts
Home
| News | Roster | Schedule | Forums | Subscribe

Head Coach: Chuck Pagano

2014 Record: 11-5

ANALYSIS: The Colts added some huge pieces in free agency with the additions of running back Frank Gore, wide receiver Andre Johnson, defensive tackle Kendall Langford, and pass rusher Trent Cole. Linebacker/safety Shaq Thompson is still out there but with this pick Indy goes offense with the versatile and athlete defensive back Byron Jones from UConn. He's freaky and can play corner and safety.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Kiper Jr ranked him the 3rd or 4th best corner in the draft and then ranked him 1B as a safety.

Reaction Score
Please no.
I wouldn't be mad... In fact he's scheduled to visit Valley Ranch this week I believe...

I honestly think he'll be a solid 2nd round pick for some lucky team... If the Patriots don't pick him at #32 in rd 1... and I think he ends up as a Safety in the league... for a looooong time... He's gonna make a ton of plays on the ball back there...with his size, speed and length...He'd be a welcome addition in Big D... IMO, by year 3 he'll a solid starter...

(my convo with Cowboys writer Todd Archer last week re: Byron Jones)
Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher ·Apr 10
@ktuck911 Supposed to be in next week. Busy schedule kept him out this week from what I was told.View conversation Hide conversation 1 retweet 1 favorite

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 6:46pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's Byron Jones is one of 26 players who has accepted invites to attend NFL draft

>>Former UConn defensive back Byron Jones, who has been skyrocketing up the draft boards after his sensational showings at the NFL Scouting Combine and at UConn's pro day, is among 26 players who have accepted invitations to attend the NFL

The NFL announced the list of names today and Jones is one of three cornerbacks and four defensive backs heading to Chicago for the draft.<<

Reaction Score
Rumors in the Boston papers according to some friends is that the Pats are looking at Jones for their last pick in the 1st round and need secondary help, especially corner. Been getting - hey' who is this guy' questions.

Reaction Score
Rumors in the Boston papers according to some friends is that the Pats are looking at Jones for their last pick in the 1st round and need secondary help, especially corner. Been getting - hey' who is this guy' questions.

I've seen a few mock drafts with him going to the Patriots 32nd overall, but I've also seen a lot more mock drafts with him going earlier to the Cowboys, Chiefs and Eagles. I've seen him as high as 15 and as low as 44. I'm crossing my fingers that he goes to NE, so I can replace my Darius Butler jersey.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Dallas with the #27 pick. Lock it in......unless Philly steals him beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom