Mo Out For Stars | The Boneyard

Mo Out For Stars

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
This is Plum's chance to show she deserves more time. She and McBride are volume shooters. 7 for 24 last game. We will see if she gets the start or Coulson.

I would love for Moriah to get traded to the Lynx once Whalen decides to retire.
Renee Montgomery had an excellent game for Minnesota last night, and was key to their beating LA. We fans certainly have short memories about past UConn performers.

Reaction Score
Renee Montgomery had an excellent game for Minnesota last night, and was key to their beating LA. We fans certainly have short memories about past UConn performers.

I don't know if you meant that I forgot about Renee. I didn't. I think that Renee and Mo would be one heckuva back court. Possibly the best in the league.(IMO)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I don't know if you meant that I forgot about Renee. I didn't. I think that Renee and Mo would be one heckuva back court. Possibly the best in the league.(IMO)

I don't see any reason why Mo & Renee could not co-exist on the same team. They would make one heck of a tag team. :cool:

Reaction Score
This is Plum's chance to show she deserves more time. She and McBride are volume shooters. 7 for 24 last game. We will see if she gets the start or Coulson.

I would love for Moriah to get traded to the Lynx once Whalen decides to retire.
I'd rather see her traded to the Storm in a year or so to allow for Bird's transition and to reunite with Stewie.

Reaction Score
Hasn't Moriah suffered a concussion before? Is this her first?
In the final of the Pan Am games two years ago, Moriah and Kia Nurse bumped heads diving for a loose ball. Moriah was down for what seemed an inordinately long time, but I never heard that she was diagnosed with a concussion. I was really afraid for her, but she obviously recovered nicely.

Reaction Score

Looks like Plum is starting to feel the strain as well.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I saw the end of this game. Other than Fowles, our girl Renee was the offense. She looked terrific out there.

Reaction Score
In the final of the Pan Am games two years ago, Moriah and Kia Nurse bumped heads diving for a loose ball. Moriah was down for what seemed an inordinately long time, but I never heard that she was diagnosed with a concussion. I was really afraid for her, but she obviously recovered nicely.

That's what I remember. I think that qualified as a concussion. One doesn't have to lose consciousness in order to suffer a concussion. I think that collision knocked Moriah out of the game for the remainder.

Danger is that subsequent concussions can be suffered more easily.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That's what I remember. I think that qualified as a concussion. One doesn't have to lose consciousness in order to suffer a concussion. I think that collision knocked Moriah out of the game for the remainder.

Danger is that subsequent concussions can be suffered more easily.
Please try not to use "Danger" and "concussion" in the same sentence. It scares me. ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I saw the end of this game. Other than Fowles, our girl Renee was the offense. She looked terrific out there.
I recall Geno saying, when Renee arrived, that she walked around as if she owned the place. She and Maya have an interesting dynamic. Renee thinks that Maya is the best player ever, but she doesn't lack for confidence herself. I think she's the best backup PG in the league.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I recall Geno saying, when Renee arrived, that she walked around as if she owned the place. She and Maya have an interesting dynamic. Renee thinks that Maya is the best player ever, but she doesn't lack for confidence herself. I think she's the best backup PG in the league.

There are several personal attributes that Renee Montgomery has never lacked. That would be: guile, supreme confidence & bravado. She has always been confident in her abilities and skillset on the court. Other players with a similar posture that come to mind are (and there are many) Jennifer Rizzotti, Nykesha Sales, Jamelle Elliott, Skylar Diggins, Diana Taurasi, Simone Augustus, and just last year, Shakayla Thomas (Florida State).

I know there were others I failed to mention, you can fill them in. :cool:

Reaction Score
Question: Does anyone know if Moriah is in the concussion protocol? While watching the Lynx today it was mentioned that due to concussion Cappie Pondexter will be out fort the next 5 games.

If Moriah is out for the next 5 games, Plum has the perfect opportunity to show her skills and make her mark. I think that she will be a decent guard in the league. I am not sure she is the elite game changer at her position.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Question: Does anyone know if Moriah is in the concussion protocol? While watching the Lynx today it was mentioned that due to concussion Cappie Pondexter will be out fort the next 5 games.

If Moriah is out for the next 5 games, Plum has the perfect opportunity to show her skills and make her mark. I think that she will be a decent guard in the league. I am not sure she is the elite game changer at her position.
I think it's 5 DAYS, not 5 games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom