Mo Bamba | The Boneyard

Mo Bamba

H

huskymagic

Why doesn't Ollie pitch Andre Drummond to Bamba and tell him we will play through him and along with our guards we will be a championship caliber team.

Reaction Score
Why doesn't Ollie pitch Andre Drummond to Bamba and tell him we will play through him and along with our guards we will be a championship caliber team.

They are very different players.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Why would Bamba risk that not working when he can just take the express train to the NBA? KO needs to develop Enoch, Durham and Carlton before we get a 5* center most likely.

Reaction Score
Startin to dislike this Quade Green character
Must be a really charismatic kid and clearly wants to win badly, even if it's at UK. I can respect that even though I'm not about to start rooting for them.

Reaction Score
Calamari is really eating KO's lunch recruiting wise this year. The further and further we get from having beaten him in the F4/championship game, the harder this will all be to swallow. Tough to crow about how his team of all stars gets beat by a well coached team like ours when we're barely, if even, making the dance some years

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Calamari is really eating KO's lunch recruiting wise this year. The further and further we get from having beaten him in the F4/championship game, the harder this will all be to swallow. Tough to crow about how his team of all stars gets beat by a well coached team like ours when we're barely, if even, making the dance some years

There's nothing that's specifically inaccurate in this post but at the same time it's just off.

He's not eating KO's lunch recruiting-wise this year. He's been eating every MBB coach's lunch recruiting-wise every year since the end of his tenure at Memphis, with the exception of K and Self.

If your point is that losing sucks, then yeah, sure. But you seem to be extrapolating way too much from what happened with Diallo. Calipari's been able to take from us whoever he wants for years and years. Remember Doron Lamb? Knight? Sure, it's easier to sell a program when it's been making deep tournament runs recently, but we're never to compete with Calipari for the 1-and-done types.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
There's nothing that's specifically inaccurate in this post but at the same time it's just off.

He's not eating KO's lunch recruiting-wise this year. He's been eating every MBB coach's lunch recruiting-wise every year since the end of his tenure at Memphis, with the exception of K and Self.

If your point is that losing sucks, then yeah, sure. But you seem to be extrapolating way too much from what happened with Diallo. Calipari's been able to take from us whoever he wants for years and years. Remember Doron Lamb? Knight? Sure, it's easier to sell a program when it's been making deep tournament runs recently, but we're never to compete with Calipari for the 1-and-done types.
Is Calipari taking recruits directly from Fran Dunphy? No because they don't recruit the same guys or tier of players. Right now and especially this season Calipari has taken food directly out of KO's mouth and used it to feed his team. It's a double whammy, we get weaker and he gets stronger. That's why the analogy was used above, I'd say it's appropriate.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Is Calipari taking recruits directly from Fran Dunphy? No because they don't recruit the same guys or tier of players. Right now and especially this season Calipari has taken food directly out of KO's mouth and used it to feed his team. It's a double whammy, we get weaker and he gets stronger. That's why the analogy was used above, I'd say it's appropriate.

And like I said, he's been taking food out of UConn's mouth for years and years. And anyone else who goes against him for the same recruit. Did losing to Wagner cost us Diallo? Nope.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
And like I said, he's been taking food out of UConn's mouth for years and years. And anyone else who goes against him for the same recruit. Did losing to Wagner cost us Diallo? Nope.
I'd say it's multi-factorial. It certainly didn't help make us more attractive to Diallo at the time when we most needed to be at the top of our game.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Ollie has been coaching for 5 years and has already had several top 25/top 10 classes and you expect him to beat out a coach who basically has every sports channel/program promoting and bumping UK constantly, a school who is in a state that has nothing else to do but follow UK basketball, a guy who has been coaching decades longer than ollie and knows the ins and outs the dirty and good of recruiting? come on now... maybe you can say it about calhoun as he wasnt bringing in superstuds towards the end of his career

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Ollie has been coaching for 5 years and has already had several top 25/top 10 classes and you expect him to beat out a coach who basically has every sports channel/program promoting and bumping UK constantly, a school who is in a state that has nothing else to do but follow UK basketball, a guy who has been coaching decades longer than ollie and knows the ins and outs the dirty and good of recruiting? come on now... maybe you can say it about calhoun as he wasnt bringing in superstuds towards the end of his career
What does this have to do with what we were discussing. Im not saying Ollioe has been at this job for decades, im just saying Cal is taking guys he's targetted, and thats not false.

Reaction Score

Really, I thought he won a championship with Calhoun's leftovers.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score

Roy Williams is no slouch either.

Reaction Score

I don't disagree with you, I think my original post may have been misinterpreted. Of course Cal eats everyone's lunch every year, it's what he does recruiting wise. As a UConn fan in the past, this was an acceptable and almost amusing fact, since you knew in the back of your mind UConn would get the right kind of recruits it needs to put a team together that would put up a strong regular season and make a deep tourney run (hopefully beating the squid on the way). It seems like the former is still consistently happening but the latter isn't.

Reaction Score
Doesn't he already have five 5 star players and one 4 star player. If he adds this kid, some 5 star player isn't starting and may barely play. So kids are scared off about playing behind Brimah but not another 5 star recruit? These kids are idiots.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Doesn't he already have five 5 star players and one 4 star player. If he adds this kid, some 5 star player isn't starting and may barely play. So kids are scared off about playing behind Brimah but not another 5 star recruit? These kids are idiots.

They're cocky...and the Squid feeds their egos.

You know how Geno finds the right kind of team players? Well, Calipari targets a different kind of player. I'm not knocking it; it works for him.

Reaction Score
So karl towns is an idiot/'different kind of player' because he could have been potentially playing behind Cauley stein and lyles? I'm sure he ended up being 100% fine with it, kid got drafted #1 overall.

lesson being, these kids are far from idiots and are actually making a smart choice. going to uk gives you a great chance of being drafted high if you are a star level player. doesn't matter if its for 20 mpg.

Reaction Score
So karl towns is an idiot/'different kind of player' because he could have been potentially playing behind Cauley stein and lyles? I'm sure he ended up being 100% fine with it, kid got drafted #1 overall.

lesson being, these kids are far from idiots and are actually making a smart choice. going to uk gives you a great chance of being drafted high if you are a star level player. doesn't matter if its for 20 mpg.

You're not talking to a rational person.

I'm running through a list of young Kentucky players in the league - Davis, Ulis, Booker, Lyles, Wall, Bledsoe, Cauley Stein, Knight, Murray, Townes, etc. - and I can't really identify a common character trait that fits the narrative of guys like Paesano.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You're not talking to a rational person.

I'm running through a list of young Kentucky players in the league - Davis, Ulis, Booker, Lyles, Wall, Bledsoe, Cauley Stein, Knight, Murray, Townes, etc. - and I can't really identify a common character trait that fits the narrative of guys like Paesano.

Calipari lover!!! Burn him at the stake!!!

Reactions: pj

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom