Mo Bamba

Discussion in 'UConn Men's Basketball' started by Kemba'sYogurt, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Kemba'sYogurt

Kemba'sYogurt

Also visiting 2018 cam reddish

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  2. CardiacAndre7

CardiacAndre7

Startin to dislike this Quade Green character

3. 80shusky

80shusky

Cal's got to build that big recruiting class so he can win 38 games and lose in the final four to an actual basketball coach.

Mr. French, Horatio and UCFan1513 like this.
  4. husky99

husky99

Throw in the towel

August_West likes this.
  5. AtlantaHusky

AtlantaHusky

We have mo chance.

6. Why doesn't Ollie pitch Andre Drummond to Bamba and tell him we will play through him and along with our guards we will be a championship caliber team.

7. husky99

husky99

They are very different players.

8. RipCity

RipCity Absolute Savage

Why would Bamba risk that not working when he can just take the express train to the NBA? KO needs to develop Enoch, Durham and Carlton before we get a 5* center most likely.

9. mdkhusky

mdkhusky

AAC

sammydabiz likes this.
  10. UConnStats

UConnStats

Must be a really charismatic kid and clearly wants to win badly, even if it's at UK. I can respect that even though I'm not about to start rooting for them.

11. PAHusky

PAHusky

Calamari is really eating KO's lunch recruiting wise this year. The further and further we get from having beaten him in the F4/championship game, the harder this will all be to swallow. Tough to crow about how his team of all stars gets beat by a well coached team like ours when we're barely, if even, making the dance some years

12. nomar

nomar

There's nothing that's specifically inaccurate in this post but at the same time it's just off.

He's not eating KO's lunch recruiting-wise this year. He's been eating every MBB coach's lunch recruiting-wise every year since the end of his tenure at Memphis, with the exception of K and Self.

If your point is that losing sucks, then yeah, sure. But you seem to be extrapolating way too much from what happened with Diallo. Calipari's been able to take from us whoever he wants for years and years. Remember Doron Lamb? Knight? Sure, it's easier to sell a program when it's been making deep tournament runs recently, but we're never to compete with Calipari for the 1-and-done types.

13. BUConn10

BUConn10 Artist formerly known as BUHusky10

Is Calipari taking recruits directly from Fran Dunphy? No because they don't recruit the same guys or tier of players. Right now and especially this season Calipari has taken food directly out of KO's mouth and used it to feed his team. It's a double whammy, we get weaker and he gets stronger. That's why the analogy was used above, I'd say it's appropriate.

14. nomar

nomar

And like I said, he's been taking food out of UConn's mouth for years and years. And anyone else who goes against him for the same recruit. Did losing to Wagner cost us Diallo? Nope.

Matrim55 likes this.
  15. BUConn10

I'd say it's multi-factorial. It certainly didn't help make us more attractive to Diallo at the time when we most needed to be at the top of our game.

MuchoDogYears likes this.
  16. UConnSwag11

UConnSwag11 Storrs, CT The Mecca

Ollie has been coaching for 5 years and has already had several top 25/top 10 classes and you expect him to beat out a coach who basically has every sports channel/program promoting and bumping UK constantly, a school who is in a state that has nothing else to do but follow UK basketball, a guy who has been coaching decades longer than ollie and knows the ins and outs the dirty and good of recruiting? come on now... maybe you can say it about calhoun as he wasnt bringing in superstuds towards the end of his career

Go_Huskies likes this.
  17. BUConn10

What does this have to do with what we were discussing. Im not saying Ollioe has been at this job for decades, im just saying Cal is taking guys he's targetted, and thats not false.

MuchoDogYears likes this.
  18. tower1

tower1

Really, I thought he won a championship with Calhoun's leftovers.

19. UCweCONN

UCweCONN Let's do this!

Roy Williams is no slouch either.

20. PAHusky

PAHusky

I don't disagree with you, I think my original post may have been misinterpreted. Of course Cal eats everyone's lunch every year, it's what he does recruiting wise. As a UConn fan in the past, this was an acceptable and almost amusing fact, since you knew in the back of your mind UConn would get the right kind of recruits it needs to put a team together that would put up a strong regular season and make a deep tourney run (hopefully beating the squid on the way). It seems like the former is still consistently happening but the latter isn't.

21. Paesano

Paesano

Doesn't he already have five 5 star players and one 4 star player. If he adds this kid, some 5 star player isn't starting and may barely play. So kids are scared off about playing behind Brimah but not another 5 star recruit? These kids are idiots.

22. nomar

nomar

They're cocky...and the Squid feeds their egos.

You know how Geno finds the right kind of team players? Well, Calipari targets a different kind of player. I'm not knocking it; it works for him.

mauconnfan and BUConn10 like this.
  23. James

James

So karl towns is an idiot/'different kind of player' because he could have been potentially playing behind Cauley stein and lyles? I'm sure he ended up being 100% fine with it, kid got drafted #1 overall.

lesson being, these kids are far from idiots and are actually making a smart choice. going to uk gives you a great chance of being drafted high if you are a star level player. doesn't matter if its for 20 mpg.

24. BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

You're not talking to a rational person.

I'm running through a list of young Kentucky players in the league - Davis, Ulis, Booker, Lyles, Wall, Bledsoe, Cauley Stein, Knight, Murray, Townes, etc. - and I can't really identify a common character trait that fits the narrative of guys like Paesano.

25. Stairmaster

Stairmaster Stainmaster?

Calipari lover!!! Burn him at the stake!!!

pj likes this.