MMQB: How The Pats Almost Came to Hartford | The Boneyard

MMQB: How The Pats Almost Came to Hartford

Reaction Score
Jets fans in Hartford? This writer doesn't know too much about this area.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You know, I always read on here how Kraft scammed CT, but it seems like CT bent over backwards and was potentially able to avoid an extremely unfavorable deal.

In addition, it seems like CT didn't have their stuff together and that caused the Patriots to back out as well.

Who knows, seems like all the extra money not spent out the Patriots likely helped UConn so it's a win for me.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The Patriots were never coming to Hartford. Kraft used the CT deal as leverage to get his stadium built in MA.

This. Rowland was in on it.

Reaction Score
I was at the Old State House rally when it was announced. t was clear how big of a scam it was at that time. Kraft used Rowland and vice versa.

As a result of this little play, Kraft got his stadium where he wanted it with huge tax breaks and infrastructure in place for what is now Patriot Place (which is a huge money machine for the Krafts).

Rowland got the state legislature to jump based on a charade to approve the bonds that led to the CT Convention Center, the Marriott and ultimately the Rent.

Reaction Score
Absolutely hilarious to think the NFL would have abandoned the Greater Boston area for CT. Leverage and our dumb dick Gov went right along with it. Probably should have worked harder on a new arena for a hockey team they already had for 20+ years

Reaction Score
The political power play by Kraft and Rowland and stadium discussion was a big piece of getting the upgrade to division 1A past hypothetical from when Lew Perkins first started pushing for it in 1991, to real.

Reaction Score
The political power play by Kraft and Rowland and stadium discussion was a big piece of getting the upgrade to division 1A past hypothetical from when Lew Perkins first started pushing for it in 1991, to real.

That was the silver lining.

Reaction Score
I'm still surprised they even have fans in Connecticut after this. They'll be back to being mediocre once Brady leaves or retires.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Patriots were never coming to Hartford. Kraft used the CT deal as leverage to get his stadium built in MA.
This. Rowland was in on it.

Rowland was in on what? You give him too much credit. He didn't have all his ducks in a row. Like the article said, if the stadium could have been built, the Pats would be here now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Before this debacle I had season tickets to the Pats. I cancelled them and will never buy a patriot product, attend a game or cheer for them. I wish them nothing but misfortune.
Keep wishing em that misfortune though seems to be working well.

Reaction Score
Kraft was never moving to Hartford. It was a leverage play and he lost. I never believed it was going to happen, but I will always believe Johnny Kickback got paid to be the willing .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom