OT: MLS Coming to The Rent Sept 23rd | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: MLS Coming to The Rent Sept 23rd

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Farewell, Pucky. Thanks for coming. #RBNYvNYC

My brother is the guy on the right

Reaction Score
Someone tell the Yard Goats to get their own colors. This blue and green everywhere is overkill.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Can't wait for this!!!!!! By mid September I'll totally need a break from college football and will be there!!! Anyone know where I can get tickets?????
Feel the sarcasm

Reaction Score
NYCFC Spanish Soccer Star David Villa begging people in a tweet to show up 2 hrs away this sat @ the Rent.

I love it, UConn nearly sells out MSG every chance they get that is 3 hrs + away and there is no begging required.

I know most fans don't have cars and only use mass transit, but come on...

If CT had a professional sports team and its team was forced to play 2 hours away, I don't think they would need this much convincing and on top of it having your star player beg people to show up

91 Club anyone?

Reaction Score
Why do you guys hate Hartfprd?

That's just it, I don't hate Hartford. Anyone who says something perceived as being "negative" about the Failers is labeled a "Hartford hater." Hell, I know long time WP season ticket holders who have been labeled as "Hartford haters." Just because we don't share your Failers delusions doesn't mean we hate Hartford. Teams around here need their own identities and colors. Pretending to be a dead hockey team really is overkill.

Reaction Score
That's just it, I don't hate Hartford. Anyone who says something perceived as being "negative" about the Failers is labeled a "Hartford hater." Hell, I know long time WP season ticket holders who have been labeled as "Hartford haters." Just because we don't share your Failers delusions doesn't mean we hate Hartford. Teams around here need their own identities and colors. Pretending to be a dead hockey team really is overkill.

Love the Whalers brand. Still far bigger than whatever fly by night bush league minor league hockey team resides in Hartford at the moment.

Reaction Score
Love the Whalers brand. Still far bigger than whatever fly by night bush league minor league hockey team resides in Hartford at the moment.

Yeah, a "fly by night bush league" team that has managed to stick around for 20+ years. Can you say the same about the NHL Failers? Nope.

Reaction Score
Yeah, a "fly by night bush league" team that has managed to stick around for 20+ years. Can you say the same about the NHL Failers? Nope.

Nothing says bigtime like minor league hockey.

Reaction Score
Nothing says bigtime like minor league hockey.

Unless you've been living under a rock (which I suspect most Failers fans do), Hartford hasn't been "bigtime" in over 2 decades. The minors have taken over brother lol.

Reaction Score
Unless you've been living under a rock (which I suspect most Failers fans do), Hartford hasn't been "bigtime" in over 2 decades. The minors have taken over brother lol.

Hartford was never big time bubba.

Reaction Score
Hartford was never big time bubba.
Data dude's PR boy may not agree, but some argued the once "Charter Oak City", now pitied city on the dole was once among the nation's most prosperous cities per capita. Sadly, Hartford never was big time in sports and 'tis not so big time by most measures anymore. No hatred, just tragic reality.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That still has more cache than Hartford semi pro hockey team. The Charlestown Chiefs have more brand recognition.
cool-story-bro-house-Cool-Story-Bro.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Love the random old dude who misappropriates memes.
Love the random dude who misuses "big" words. (and the dude who's favorite hockey team doesn't exist) (and the dude living in the past calling other people old) (and the dude still using the word dude calling people old)

Abide.

producer-and-activist-jeff-dowd-attend-as-netflix-celebrates-original-picture-id632266848

Reaction Score
Love the random dude who misuses "big" words. (and the dude who's favorite hockey team doesn't exist) (and the dude living in the past calling other people old) (and the dude still using the word dude calling people old)

Abide.

producer-and-activist-jeff-dowd-attend-as-netflix-celebrates-original-picture-id632266848

That’s not misuse. It’s perfectly fine. Glad you learned how to use the internet and discovered memes and stuff. Dude.

I could not care less about hockey. But I still see Whalers stuff randomly all over the country and you don’t have to be a marketing genius to see the pent up demand for the brand and logo. Infinitely more so than the Hartford Coyotes or whatever tf they are called.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That’s not misuse. It’s perfectly fine. Glad you learned how to use the internet and discovered memes and stuff. Dude.
How did I steal or unfairly take something that is out in the public domain???
Glad you learned how to use the internet and discovered memes and stuff. Dude.
As young as you seem to be, I was probably on the internet before you were born. How old do you think I am??? (really, I'm curious on this one)

I could not care less about hockey.
Just a huge Whaler fan...because...???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom