MLK weekend....Mercedes Russell coming north of the border! | The Boneyard

MLK weekend....Mercedes Russell coming north of the border!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
It turns out that 2013 stud Russell and her Springfield [Oregon] team is coming to our very own Springfield to play Braintree High on Friday January 18....6:30...at Springfield College during the big HOF weekend. The guy-side games [Saturday thru Monday] comprise the best high school event in the country with tons of elite teams/players.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Holy cow.

Springfield comes to Springfield, there's gotta be a Simpsons joke int here somewhere.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
hmmm Charles played in this and committed to UCONN, EDD played in this and committed to UCONN, Stewart played in this and committed to UCONN..........Russell is gonna play in this...........just sayin'. :rolleyes:

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
hmmm Charles played in this and committed to UCONN, EDD played in this and committed to UCONN, Stewart played in this and committed to UCONN..........Russell is gonna play in this...........just sayin'. :rolleyes:
KML too.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
504px-Kaleena_Mosqueda-Lewis.jpg

Reaction Score
I think that their is a belief that if Russell came to Uconn it MAY influence Turner in a negative way (I know, we are not on her supposed list) Turner is more of a Candace Parker type, while Russell is a true post player from what I've read. Just for fun imagine someone trying to score on a front line of Turner, Stewart, and Russell. We can all dream can't we!

Reaction Score
I think that their is a belief that if Russell came to Uconn it MAY influence Turner in a negative way (I know, we are not on her supposed list) Turner is more of a Candace Parker type, while Russell is a true post player from what I've read. Just for fun imagine someone trying to score on a front line of Turner, Stewart, and Russell. We can all dream can't we!
There's a major caveat to all this speculation, namely Russell has to blow off the Fall Signing period and chill until the Spring, which, of course, would give her a much more settled picture of all teams during the 2013-2014 season. It's not pleasant to think about it, but part of this better picture includes transfers and injuries during the 2012-2013 season. It's called 'pulling a schimmel.'

Otherwise, the trip to Springfield will have no significance.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
It turns out that 2013 stud Russell and her Springfield [Oregon] team is coming to our very own Springfield to play Braintree High on Friday January 18....6:30...at Springfield College during the big HOF weekend. The guy-side games [Saturday thru Monday] comprise the best high school event in the country with tons of elite teams/players.

Wait, Braintree High? That's my high school and surprised that we have a girls bb team that is that good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom