MLB PLayoffs....... | The Boneyard

MLB PLayoffs.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Would someone like to explain to me why they Yanks tried so hard to win the AL east only to be away the 1st 2 games?? I really had no idea....WTF is baseball thinking??

#1 it's a short series and #2 the only way to do it for the teams who won home field and their divisions is 2-2-1........NOT 2-3.......

Really don't care but I find this hilarious!!

Reaction Score
Yeah, it really is odd! I'm really not sure what they were thinking.

I'm just glad my Reds won both games on the road!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
With one major exception the format has favored the division winners that earned home field advantage (although this was due to performance, not format). The A's appear to have been royally screwed as the home team has an inherent addvantage in tight games so now they have no margin for error at home.

Reaction Score
MLB gave some excuse about the conflict due to the added wild card team. They promise to rectify it in 2013. The Reds really have benefited by playing their first two at AT&T Park! I'm hoping the Yankees with Pettite can do the same tonight! The A's got screwed having to face Verlander in Detroit!

Reaction Score
It really is puzzling how stupid they were, almost as stupid as Joe G still putting ARod smackdab in the middle of that lineup night in - night out.........If he had balls and was a real good manager Chavez would have pinch hit fo ARod on the 6th or 7th............and next righty ARod sits..........if he was good!!!!!!

Reaction Score
It really is puzzling how stupid they were, almost as stupid as Joe G still putting ARod smackdab in the middle of that lineup night in - night out.........If he had balls and was a real good manager Chavez would have pinch hit fo ARod on the 6th or 7th............and next righty ARod sits..........if he was good!!!!!!
I only saw Arod's last at bat and he had didn't really get much to hit. Tough call but I'd play Arod but bat him down in the order because he could break out at any time.

Reaction Score
The only problem danzz for Arod is he's completely overmatched by anyone throwing in tight with anything over 92 now.....he can't get his hands out fast enough anymore and they're pounding him in there.......I hope he's not done but I believe we're seeing what is left of the guy!!

Reaction Score
The only problem danzz for Arod is he's completely overmatched by anyone throwing in tight with anything over 92 now.....he can't get his hands out fast enough anymore and they're pounding him in there.......I hope he's not done but I believe we're seeing what is left of the guy!!
He's coming back from a broken hand. That's a HUGE injury for a hitter. A-Rod is definitely slowing down, but the fact is he is playing hurt.

Reaction Score
He's coming back from a broken hand. That's a HUGE injury for a hitter. A-Rod is definitely slowing down, but the fact is he is playing hurt.

Hope you are correct dead.........he looks to be swinging okay and his timing is off so we'll see next year after working to get back next season........

I honestly can't believe we don't see any adjustments though......at his age and for now, with his inability to get the hands in and out fast enough he sould get out of the crouch and stand up straighter and more open and dare them to come in........if they beat him on the outside corner then so be it..........I hope he makes me eat crow tonight but I don't see it.........at least get him out of the 3 slot maybe that will help even he!!

Reaction Score
In the end, it's moot whether he's aging or playing hurt - the last two seasons have not matched his previous level of productivity. I know getting hit by a pitch has nothing to do with age. Still, given his age, the odds of his stats trending upward are low. And the Yankees have him for five more years thanks to Hank.

Reaction Score
In the end, it's moot whether he's aging or playing hurt - the last two seasons have not matched his previous level of productivity. I know getting hit by a pitch has nothing to do with age. Still, given his age, the odds of his stats trending upward are low. And the Yankees have him for five more years thanks to Hank.

Happens..........Sox tried to trade for him and take the same thing on......who knew? I'm sure they're excited about DiceK too, and he was never ARod!!!

Reaction Score
Happens..........Sox tried to trade for him and take the same thing on......who knew? I'm sure they're excited about DiceK too, and he was never ARod!!!
Well you got your wish; ballsy move by Giardi to PH for Arod. Now the question is does he start Arod the next game. This has been an outstanding game.

Reaction Score
It should have been a no brainer for Girardi, ARod is one of the easiest outs in baseball nowadays and has no business batting #3 in any lineup let alone the Yankees lineup. I don't know why Girardi and others think he will magically snap out of it, he's not a good player anymore. Ibanez on the otherhand is incredibly clutch and pure class.

Reaction Score
Sox tried to trade for him in 2003/2004 offseason but wisely passed after their 2007 WS title, when he was 4 years older.
The Yankees had said publicly that if A-Rod opted out they would never take him back. Then carried through with that tough talk by giving him a 10 year/300 million dollar deal (once most of his milestones are met). The size of the deal was particularly stunning in that the Yankees were competing with nobody for his services once word got out what ARod and Boras were looking for in terms of a framework for a deal.
Not sure how that relates to Dice K's contract. He still hadn't entered his prime, was 25 and it was a blind bidding system where someone was going to overbid. regardless the size of that bid and contract was 1/3 the size of A-Rod's. and the posting didn't count toward the luxury tax, which is a pretty big difference as well.
That contract will look horrible if the Yankees are truly serious about getting under the 189 threshhold in 2014. I don't even think the Dodgers would take that contract, and they aren't shy about taking bad contracts!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'm not an avid baseball fan, but I do like how every once in a while you see something you haven't seen before. This was one of those occasions. (I suppose this is how diehards get up to watch 127 regular season games).

Reaction Score
Girardi should give Ibanez a significant part of next year's salary as Raul has saved Girardi's bacon twice now, the first the home run against Boston which kept them in first place and then last night. Girardi was likely history if Ibanez doesn't come through.

Reaction Score
Three of the 4 series are sensational. After Ibanez comes through, Crisp wins the game in the bottom of the ninth with two outs for the A's! As to the Giants Reds series neither team has won at home! Today (Thursday) will provide more fireworks, and should Hughes have a great outing and the Yankees win, they'll be in a great position with not having to use C.C., while Parker and Verlander duel it out!
I just can't remember a post season like this! The drama is excruciating. When Raul hit that second one last night, I screamed so loud that I thought that my head would explode!

Reaction Score
It seems like most of the Yankee lineup has taken Arod's lead. Cano, Swisher, Granderson, and Teixera have looked awful as well. It felt like the game was over once Baltimore had a 2-1 lead. You hope the lineup can finally get out of their shell and get it going.

Reaction Score
It seems like most of the Yankee lineup has taken Arod's lead. Cano, Swisher, Granderson, and Teixera have looked awful as well. It felt like the game was over once Baltimore had a 2-1 lead. You hope the lineup can finally get out of their shell and get it going.
Outstanding pitching had a lot to do with the Yankees poor hitting; not many mistakes by either staff. "Good pitching beats good hitting" has held up in this series. Arod looks like he is caught in between right now and it is making his bat look very slow. Either that or Arod is done but I don't think that is the case. Teixiera is a .250 hitter and Granderson has always been a strike out machine against good pitching.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
feel bad for joba there. never want to see something like that happen to a player. looks like just a bad bump on the elbow but he got real lucky the bat hit him square and not handle sharp into his arm. could have been a career thing. wow. more free baseball folks!!!

Reaction Score
feel bad for joba there. never want to see something like that happen to a player. looks like just a bad bump on the elbow but he got real lucky the bat hit him square and not handle sharp into his arm. could have been a career thing. wow. more free baseball folks!!!
Don't feel bad for Joba. He throws baseballs at people's eye sockets. Repeatedly.

He deserved far worse than what he got.

Reaction Score
Don't feel bad for Joba. He throws baseballs at people's eye sockets. Repeatedly.

He deserved far worse than what he got.

You're just a total a**hole!!! Thanks for the final stamp.......(coming from a Sox fan who rooted for Pedro!!....funny moron)

Reaction Score
You're just a total a**hole!!! Thanks for the final stamp.......(this coming from a Sox fan who rooted for Pedro!!....funny **** moron)

Along with little knowledge of baseball outside the Sawks.......... hey at least the Vikes are 4-1 and still playing huh??

Reaction Score
I hear you Mau - you gotta love guys like this. The Sox have Pedro throwing at guys for years and yes some were at/near their heads but he will conveniently forget that. Priceless.

Reaction Score
Pedro and Joba were and are both headhunters. They both deserved to have their asses kicked. I'm seeing less of that from Joba these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom