Mizzou Having Serious RB Issues | The Boneyard

Mizzou Having Serious RB Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Their stud RB Russell Hansbrough is questionable with a foot injury and the back up just got injured last game. My dad is a Mizzou alum and I've been talking to him about the game, he showed me this post from the STL Today Mizzou board for reference:

http://interact.stltoday.com/forums...=1131003&sid=cc1942547fcf1f2e87e4e7366b7d0ea6

Really don't think they'll be able to run the ball. Mauk is inconsistent but I worry about our corners against their receivers. Hopefully the run game is non-existent for them. 5 days!

EDIT: Said Hansbrough was out when in fact he was questionable. Played against Ark St last week but was ineffective

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's a giant mess. We will definitely struggle to run the ball. Hansbrough has the ankle injury, Witter the current back up possibly suffered a concussion on Saturday, the real #2 RB Trevon Walters tore his ACL in the spring. Our likely starter on Saturday is a kid by the name of Tyler Hunt who came to Mizzou as a walk on. He also is dealing with a groin strain. His back up Morgan Steward missed all of last year with a hip injury and is not very effective right now. The bottom line is that we are burning redshirts at RB for our game. Almost certainly one and possibly two. You will have the opportunity to take advantage of our offense.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting...always interesting to see what an opponent thinks of UConn. Obviously...they don't think much of UConn...which is understandable. But the good news for me is that for the first time in a few years when I read this...I actually start to think about how great it would be to beat them considering they are taking UConn so lightly. The last few years I would have just agreed with their fans...this year's team gives me hope that a surprise is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom