Mitch McConnell spikes UL's football in the Senate | The Boneyard

Mitch McConnell spikes UL's football in the Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Dude, their 'our' pols (and trust me I didnt vote for them). But Calhoun just made a big deal about endorsing chris murphy. Murph should repay the favor

Reaction Score
Dude, their 'our' pols (and trust me I didnt vote for them). But Calhoun just made a big deal about endorsing chris murphy. Murph should repay the favor

I'm not poking @ ya, really I'm not, but just because you didn't hear about it from a beat writer - it doesn't mean it wasn't done. I thought the Jim Calhoun/Bill Clinton potential call was hysteral. I think there are some politicians who love cameras and want everything they do out there and there are some that work quietly behind the scenes. McConnell = Blumenthal when it comes to licking camera lenses.

Reaction Score
Folks, our Congressional delegation - as it currently stands - is probably the weakest it's been in 30 years. All of our U.S. Reps are in the minority party, while our senior senator is a lame duck and our junior senator (Blumenthal) is still a freshman relegated to the back bench.

Mitch McConnel - on the other hand - is the Senate's leading Republican. In terms of pols, we basically are bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Reaction Score
Sorry, I don't want my politicians involved in conference realignment. They have enough trouble with really important stuff. Mitch McConnell is a obstructionist POS. He would be even if he went to UConn but I doubt he could have gotten admitted, even years ago.

Reaction Score
OK- I wanted UConn in, but I can understand the move to UL.
But why does it seem like there's no advocates for your program? I mean, where are the folks who matter in CT to tout your accomplishments and toot your horn?
Not just pols but celebrities maybe, or moneyed individuals? I mean you have the town of Greenwich....where the hell is the clout from those $$$ folks?
Say what you want about RU or WVU fans, but they pitched a biotch after getting denied. You guys are like hapless Fredo complaining to Michael about getting "passed over" for Don.
Wheres the friggin anger all over the media, especially Bristol? Start a petition or something- get a bill board for pete's sake!? Am I missing something? Seriously, why seemingly so chilled?

Note: I'm not saying there's something you can do- but it wouldn't hurt to think of some way to draw attention to your plight. The accomplishments are there- & UL shouted to the heavens about there's and made the case. Sit back at your own peril, fellas.

Reaction Score
We already tried that. Bristol doesn't give a hoot btw. There is plently of angry folks but until the admins pull theirs heads out of arses and stop pretending everything is ok, no one prominent is going to.
But why does it seem like there's no advocates for your program? I mean, where are the folks who matter in CT to tout your accomplishments and toot your horn?
Not just pols but celebrities maybe, or moneyed individuals? I mean you have the town of Greenwich....where the hell is the clout from those $$$ folks?
Say what you want about RU or WVU fans, but they pitched a biotch after getting denied. You guys are like hapless Fredo complaining to Michael about getting "passed over" for Don.
Wheres the friggin anger all over the media, esecially Bristol? Start a petition or something- get a bill board for pete's sake!? Am I missing something? Seriously, why seemingly so chilled?

Reaction Score
Damn good question.

Additionally, there was better analysis on this board than there probably ever was in our Athletic Department.

Someone said it best: We played checkers, they played chess.

I don't care if Jacobs said they busted their humps, they weren't ready for this fight. They went to the fracking Virgin ISLANDS!

This would be more forgiveable if someone actually stood up for our record, Louisville's Athletic Department isn't that much better if at all. Instead we were abused with fallacies and misrepresentations.

Wheres the friggin anger all over the media, esecially Bristol? Start a petition or something- get a bill board for pete's sake!? Am I missing something? Seriously, why seemingly so chilled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom