Missy Heidrick’s 2024-2024 Projected Top 25 | The Boneyard

Missy Heidrick’s 2024-2024 Projected Top 25

Reaction Score
Missy’s top 25 has been released. After last year’s rankings which placed UConn in the high teens, the latest rankings have UConn at #2. The podcast is on The Next Hoops and can viewed on You Tube to avoid any pay walls.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Who is she?
In her words:

"I am a former shooting guard at Kansas State and spent almost 20 years working in Higher Education and Division 1 athletics. I am currently a basketball analyst for television and radio, contributing correspondent at The Next, WBB Naismith Award board of selectors member and run my own consulting business. I am a proud mother of two and wife to a patient husband who is almost as big of a sports junkie as I am!"

She joined Howard Megdal's team when he put together "The Next," initially as the Big 12 correspondent (note the Kansas State background) and has since moved up to writing macro articles on WCBB. I'm a "The Next" susbscriber, so I see her articles on a pretty frequent basis.

Reaction Score
Who is she?
Obviously you aren’t in Kansas anymore. Last year, Missy’s preseason rankings placed UConn at #19, which didn’t sit too well with some boneyard members. You can find the original thread (if you are really interested) by doing a boneyard search. Enter SVCBeerCats in the member block and Missy in the title block and you should be able to find it.
Dillon77’s post above provides her credentials.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
In her words:

"I am a former shooting guard at Kansas State and spent almost 20 years working in Higher Education and Division 1 athletics. I am currently a basketball analyst for television and radio, contributing correspondent at The Next, WBB Naismith Award board of selectors member and run my own consulting business. I am a proud mother of two and wife to a patient husband who is almost as big of a sports junkie as I am!"

She joined Howard Megdal's team when he put together "The Next," initially as the Big 12 correspondent (note the Kansas State background) and has since moved up to writing macro articles on WCBB. I'm a "The Next" susbscriber, so I see her articles on a pretty frequent basis.
Oh ok, I guess color me unimpressed. It's fine if she wants to make up a list, just not sure why we should be interested????

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Obviously you aren’t in Kansas anymore.
Beyond Danny Manning and Wilt, haven't really paid attention to Kansas and basketball.

Last year, Missy’s preseason rankings placed UConn at #19, which didn’t sit too well with some boneyard members.
Again, why should we care?

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Oh ok, I guess color me unimpressed. It's fine if she wants to make up a list, just not sure why we should be interested????
You asked who she was -- there you go. That's not an endorsement on my part.

Howard Megdal, who does a lot of work to get women's hoops coverage, thinks enough of her to hire her.
Now whether her work resonates with you or me, I guess that's our decision, right? ;)

I find her work closer to home (Big 12) is a bit more on-target than other conferences.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Because Ayoka Lee plays in Kansas. I would love to see her return to her pre-injury form and make a run on the POTY.
That would be a long run.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You asked who she was -- there you go. That's not an endorsement on my part.

Howard Megdal, who does a lot of work to get women's hoops coverage, thinks enough of her to hire her.
Now whether her work resonates with you or me, I guess that's our decision, right? ;)

I find her work closer to home (Big 12) is a bit more on-target than other conferences.
And who's he? ;)

Dillon77

Reaction Score
That would be a long run.
Not to prolong this detour into Big 12 Country :rolleyes:, but there is another team and center to watch in Kansas.
Kansas won the WNIT (over Columbia), led largely by center Taiyanna Jackson, who was in for a few pre-season citations.
Very athletic post. Many thought she might be tempted to transfer to a more visible team, but she stayed put.

Reaction Score
Not to prolong this detour into Big 12 Country :rolleyes:, but there is another team and center to watch in Kansas.
Kansas won the WNIT (over Columbia), led largely by center Taiyanna Jackson, who was in for a few pre-season citations.
Very athletic post. Many thought she might be tempted to transfer to a more visible team, but she stayed put.

Yes Toto: Kansas does matter!

1698263353334.jpeg

Reaction Score
Beyond Danny Manning and Wilt, haven't really paid attention to Kansas and basketball.

Again, why should we care?
I thought you might want to subscribe to “The Next”.

Reaction Score
In her words:

Wow. She really has a nice bio.:)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I thought you might want to subscribe to “The Next”.
It do seem like there's a couple solicitors on here trying to get some "The Next" subscribers. :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom