Missouri | The Boneyard

Missouri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Missouri vs. Arkansas State: What we learned from Tigers' 27-20 victory over Red Wolves

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/09/missouri_vs_arkansas_state_wha.html

As has often been the case the last two season, Missouri's defense carried it on Saturday. The Tigers forced three turnovers — including a pair of interceptions by linebacker Kentrell Brothers, who also had 16 tackles — and also totaled two sacks while holding Arkansas State to 217 total yards. Missouri also knocked Arkansas State starting quarterback Fredi Knighten out of the game with a leg injury in the third quarter, killing any chances of a Red Wolves upset.

They almost lost this game.

Reaction Score
AK State played well. They did some nice things offensively against them. I didn't watch the whole game, but Mauk will be a handful. Presents similar problems to the Nova QB but obviously has done against far better competition. Missouri even ran some option with, so at least that won't be an unfamiliar look. This will be a litmus test to see how far we have yet to go.

Reaction Score
LSU loses to Toledo. Couple more close games. Or at least much closer than anybody imagined.

Reaction Score
I think it was Arkansas, not LSU. Score was 16-12.

It was Arkansas.

As for us vs. Missouri, huge test. I'm sure they'll play a little better on their home turfthan they did yesterday. I do hope they underestimate us.

I honestly don't think we've shown everything yet. Imo, i think we will opena few eyes after next week's game, win or lose.

Reaction Score
Memphis beats Kansas 55-22. Still trying to figure out how they got this good this fast. Kansas may not be that good but beating them by 32 on the road is impressive. Could we beat Kansas; is Memphis 32 points better than us?

Reaction Score
Kansas, like Indiana, & Vanderbilt, will likely be the bottom feeders for their respective P5 conferences for life

Reaction Score
Mangino takes them to a BCS bowl, then they dump him. Can't let winning seasons & bowl appearances interfere with getting out to plow the cornfields.

Reaction Score
I Think that a win on the road against what will be a top 20 Mizzou team would easily be a top 3 victory in our program's history.

That being said it's going to be pretty damn difficult.

Reaction Score
We need some of that El-Amin, Cardiac Kemba, Napier mojo workin for us right about now....

Reaction Score
I would like them to play well on the road for a change. Show the nation and Sec that they belong in a P5 conference. Or like someone on here says punch someone in the mouth!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Mangino takes them to a BCS bowl, then they dump him. Can't let winning seasons & bowl appearances interfere with getting out to plow the cornfields.
They dumped him for being a vile person. BCS bowl or not you can't keep a guy like that around.
They dumped him for being both a vile person and for physically resembling Jabba the Hut. If he was merely a vile person they would have tolerated that due to his win-loss record.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Just about every remaining team on our schedule has shown some vulnerability, well except for Temple of all things. I'm not sure we are in a position to take advantage of them but it should serve as reminder that if we play well good things are available to us.

Reaction Score
They dumped him for being a vile person. BCS bowl or not you can't keep a guy like that around.

I heard he was eating sticks of raw butter on the sidelines.

Reaction Score
I honestly don't think we've shown everything yet. Imo, i think we will opena few eyes after next week's game, win or lose.

ktuck911, Today at 7:54 AMReport

This would be a good week to work on a couple of special situation plays whether they be red zone or misdirection to break a guy deep. I'd suggest using Boyle's arm on a fake fg or conversion but that might put some yarders over the edge. Let's just make plays and move the chains.

If you're preparing for UConn on offense you have a lot of different personnel to prepare for. You can't key on everyone so you want to know where Thomas is and try to contain Shirreffs. Didn't see them play but wondering how they may try to exploit our OL. Do they bring pressure with LB's? Do they have size advantage, quickness or tackle well?

Reaction Score
Kansas, like Indiana, & Vanderbilt, will likely be the bottom feeders for their respective P5 conferences for life

Kansas, where college football coaching careers go to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom