Mississippi State Maroon-White Scrimmage | The Boneyard

Mississippi State Maroon-White Scrimmage

Reaction Score
Mississippi State had their Maroon/White Scrimmage tonight. They played two quarters against each other then two quarters against a men’s practice squad. Overall the concensus was J Mingo-Young gave the best performance and looked strong on both ends of the court. Here are the starting lineups and a link to the article on it.

Maroon
- Aliyah Matharu
- Jordan Danberry
- Andra Espinoza-Hunter
- Rickea Jackson
- Yemiyah Morris

White
- Myah Taylor
- JaMya Mingo-Young
- Xaria Wiggins
- Chloe Bibby
- Jessika Carter

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Mississippi State had their Maroon/White Scrimmage tonight. They played two quarters against each other then two quarters against a men’s practice squad. Overall the concensus was J Mingo-Young gave the best performance and looked strong on both ends of the court. Here are the starting lineups and a link to the article on it.

Maroon
- Aliyah Matharu
- Jordan Danberry
- Andra Espinoza-Hunter
- Rickea Jackson
- Yemiyah Morris

White
- Myah Taylor
- JaMya Mingo-Young
- Xaria Wiggins
- Chloe Bibby
- Jessika Carter

Per the article it looks like Cooks is confirmed out for the year. Is Promise Taylor still dealing with injury issues?

Reaction Score
JaMya will be BIG time if she can stay healthy. She use to be a top 20 recruit for a reason. Not surprised with Rickea, she will be one of MSUs go to scorers this year, her skill set is well beyond her class. Bibby will need time to shake off the rust.

Promise is a pipe dream to contribute much at this point.

Intriguing to see the freshmen being the biggest standouts so far between this summer and scrimmage. I don’t see how Vic will be able to keep any of em on the bench much.

Reaction Score
Per the article it looks like Cooks is confirmed out for the year. Is Promise Taylor still dealing with injury issues?
Correct on S Cooks. Unless I missed something my understanding is there was never a waiver request for her and it has been confirmed that she will sit this season. That aside she is an amazing talent.
Yes P Taylor is still recovering. She didn’t look comfortable last night when she played.

Reaction Score
JaMya will be BIG time if she can stay healthy. She use to be a top 20 recruit for a reason. Not surprised with Rickea, she will be one of MSUs go to scorers this year, her skill set is well beyond her class. Bibby will need time to shake off the rust.

Promise is a pipe dream to contribute much at this point.

Intriguing to see the freshmen being the biggest standouts so far between this summer and scrimmage. I don’t see how Vic will be able to keep any of em on the bench much.
I’ll be interested to see if a consistent starting five will emerge out of this group. There is talent but most everyone comes with some type of caveat.

Reaction Score
Rickea was a highly regarded recruit. I'll be interested in seeing her play.
Throughout the Italy University Games and the Maroon v White scrimmage R Jackson has consistently been one of the top players. Based on that and my understanding of how she is doing in practice I don’t see anything change. She will play and be a key part of the plan this season.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Throughout the Italy University Games and the Maroon v White scrimmage R Jackson has consistently been one of the top players. Based on that and my understanding of how she is doing in practice I don’t see anything change. She will play and be a key part of the plan this season.

Based on reports and from the clips I've seen I could see her being another Victoria Vivians in that she's a tall prolific scoring threat from day 1. Looks like she might be a better athlete than VV too. Excited to see her.

Reaction Score
I am interested in how Carter and Morris do in the post this year. McCowan was a huge factor for MSU over the last few years and completely changed the way teams defended them.

Reaction Score
I am interested in how Carter and Morris do in the post this year. McCowan was a huge factor for MSU over the last few years and completely changed the way teams defended them.
T McCowan was third on the team in field goal attempts but first in field goals made; shooting at a rate of 66%. She was also a 76% free throw shooter. If you counted only her offense rebounds she would have still finished second on the team in total rebounds behind A Howard. She made 18 more freethrows (160) than any other player attempted (A Howard with 142). Finally, she was fifth on the team with 32 assists. She was an incredibly efficient player and will definitely be missed.

I actually think Y Morris fits better what Coach Schaefer wants in the post. I’ll be interested to see how things develop.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom