Mississippi St @ Georgia - 12/31/17 | The Boneyard

Mississippi St @ Georgia - 12/31/17

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Georgia grabs quick 4-0 lead manhandling MSU. Schaffer rips his coat off in a way that would make Kim Mulkey Blush

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Georgia is 12-1 so let's see what they got

Considering they've played one real quality team all year--Texas--and got beat by 28 at home, I wouldn't expect miracles.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
really? Not familiar with Georgia, do they have anybody who can neutralize the Miss State bigs?
Both teams are Bulldogs. Yes Georgia is a good team. Certainly not a team to overlook or the will beat you.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
McCowan handing them their lunch.

Be interesting to see if she gets a lot more defensive attention with William and Vivians gone next year.

Reaction Score
McCowan 11-14 for 23 pts and 13 reb through three quarters.
63-40 MSU

Should be some rest coming for the starters

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
McCowan could compete with A’ja for POY if she keeps it up. She’s had a heck of a start to her junior season. Mississippi State looks markedly better than they were a year ago too.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This is one of the qualities that makes Vic a great coach: His team is up by 24 with 2:30 to play, and he calls a TO after his team scores a basket because he's *very* unhappy with their defense on the last few possessions. He's lighting into them in the timeout.

He refuses to play the scoreboard. Gee, I wonder what coach that reminds me of.

Reaction Score
86-62 MSU final

McCowan 26 pts (12-15, 2-6 FT), 13 reb, 1 stl

Plebe

Reaction Score
I think the Bulldogs will win:)
I think your predictions are unduly influenced by your preferences.

I will say, Georgia is an up-and-coming young team. I believe they are the 6th-best team in the SEC and will probably make the NCAA tournament this year.

Reaction Score
This is one of the qualities that makes Vic a great coach: His team is up by 24 with 2:30 to play, and he calls a TO after his team scores a basket because he's *very* unhappy with their defense on the last few possessions. He's lighting into them in the timeout.

He refuses to play the scoreboard. Gee, I wonder what coach that reminds me of.

I though and I thought---the coach you should be thinking of is JPM.

Reaction Score
86-62 MSU final

McCowan 26 pts (12-15, 2-6 FT), 13 reb, 1 stl

I posted something along the lines----Miss St to me is one Uconn may see in the FF and be worried if the combinations of William Vivian Mcgowan are playing their A plus game---Great coach with good players who follow his directions well. McGowan is more than a defender or layup artist she has RANGE.
Those 3 make me extremely happy we have Azura and an coming Walker, maybe AEH, hopefully Touly, with and improved version of Irwin---they will all be needed. You cannot phone your game into this team--the UCONN on the jersey presents no fear factor.

Reaction Score
The game was interesting. Schaefer seems to favor outside shooting more than feeding the post. McCowan was unstoppable yet there were very few sets run to get her going. There was not a lot of off the ball cuts or dribble penetration (in to out) to set up the outside shot either. It's working for them so....

Go Miss. St. I hope we see you in our bracket during the tourney.

Reaction Score
The game was interesting. Schaefer seems to favor outside shooting more than feeding the post. McCowan was unstoppable yet there were very few sets run to get her going. There was not a lot of off the ball cuts or dribble penetration (in to out) to set up the outside shot either. It's working for them so....

Ha! You won't though, as I'm pretty sure they'll be a top seed. Doesn't mean we won't get our rematch, though. I'm calling this right now: Unless South Carolina beats them (which is looking increasingly unlikely) I predict they'll enter the NCAA tournament undefeated.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

I was saying the same thing to my wife during the game. No answer whatsoever to McCowan, she should get the ball every single time down the court.

Plebe

Reaction Score

Georgia was playing a zone defense that was clearly aimed at clogging the middle and denying McCowan touches. Two people on her at all times, front and behind. They actually did a pretty good job of forcing Miss St to take outside shots on a lot of possessions, more than Vic would prefer, I'm sure.

It's not like they took McCowan out of the offense completely, though. She still had 26 points.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom