Mississippi St (10) @ South Carolina (1) - 1/20/20 | The Boneyard

Mississippi St (10) @ South Carolina (1) - 1/20/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Columbia, SC - 7:00 PM ET
TV: ESPN2 (Beth Mowins, Debbie Antonelli)

Video stream:

Audio:

Live stats:

Reaction Score
Pumped about this one. Hope its a great game. A lot of matchups I am looking forward to.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
MLK Day in an election year is always huge in Columbia, and this extends the fun into the night. I'm really pumped.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Huge Game for both teams. We'll find out if this young So Carolina team is for real. I think they are and will win this game by double digits. Home Game for So Carolina and they'll have a large crowd for this Nationally Televised game. If the game was held in Starkville, it would be a much closer game and Miss St could pull off the upset.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
I wish this was played a month later. I'm so not ready for this game, and I don't think our team is either.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Why can't these teams play twice in the regular season?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Do they meet again in the regular season or do we have to wait until the SEC Tournament for the rematch?
I haven't seen MSU play yet this season but hopefully it is a good, quality game.

Reaction Score
In full disclosure most of this post was in another thread but it’s probably more applicable here.

Coach Schaefer said he loves the atmosphere at South Carolina and was extremely complimentary of Coach Staley and the fan base. Part of it was their knowledge of the game and the other team. He said some guy that is behind the Mississippi State bench was talking about stuff he didn’t realize anybody knew about him.

He also coached T Harris this summer and was her specific coach during tryouts. He said having her running the point and M Herbert Harrigan at the four has helped keep things steady with the new players.

I think South Carolina is playing better right now and realistically I think they will win. My biggest concern is when South Carolina goes on a run and the crowd is going nuts will this team be able to focus through that. J Holmes did a good job last season of keeping things under control at the game in Columbia. Nobody has demonstrated that ability yet this season. Overall I’m excited about the game. I’m i

Although I think with T Harris and M Herbert Harrigan South Carolina has a better chance of running the conference table this season I still think it will be difficult for either team that wins tonight to do that. Both teams are relying on true freshman in key roles which makes it difficult for them to continue their consistent level of play throughout the year.

Finally, Coach Schaefer also mentioned that he wished that during the seasons where they only play the game once it could be later during conference play.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
In full disclosure most of this post was in another thread but it’s probably more applicable here.

Coach Schaefer said he loves the atmosphere at South Carolina and was extremely complimentary of Coach Staley and the fan base. Part of it was their knowledge of the game and the other team. He said some guy that is behind the Mississippi State bench was talking about stuff he didn’t realize anybody knew about him.

He also coached T Harris this summer and was her specific coach during tryouts. He said having her running the point and M Herbert Harrigan at the four has helped keep things steady with the new players.

I think South Carolina is playing better right now and realistically I think they will win. My biggest concern is when South Carolina goes on a run and the crowd is going nuts will this team be able to focus through that. J Holmes did a good job last season of keeping things under control at the game in Columbia. Nobody has demonstrated that ability yet this season. Overall I’m excited about the game. I’m i

Although I think with T Harris and M Herbert Harrigan South Carolina has a better chance of running the conference table this season I still think it will be difficult for either team that wins tonight to do that. Both teams are relying on true freshman in key roles which makes it difficult for them to continue their consistent level of play throughout the year.

Finally, Coach Schaefer also mentioned that he wished that during the seasons where they only play the game once it could be later during conference play.

A friend of mine asked if that was me, since I sit 4 rows behind the opposing head coach. I do my homework and try and get in the coach's head a little bit, but I think he was referring to someone else. TBH, the best coach to banter with is Geno and I'm not just saying that because I'm on the UCONN board. He really seems like he'd be a fun guy to have dinner with.

Reaction Score
I keep having nightmares of Myah Taylor and Jordan Danberry driving it into the lane and getting blocked.

Reaction Score
I keep having nightmares of Myah Taylor and Jordan Danberry driving it into the lane and getting blocked.

Someone needs to give M Taylor the memo to not shoot so much. Against LSU, MSU went full regard in the 4th quarter with Taylor being the one jacking up shots. She is by far the weakest link offensively.

Reaction Score

Just dream of getting Boston into early foul trouble.

Reaction Score
AEH has faded surprisingly after having made a splash with her new team in the spring semester last year. Getting very few minutes.

Wonder what went wrong down there?...

Reaction Score
AEH did get the start against LSU and had 10 pts in the game. Jackson had not practiced during the due to a minor injury which left the door open for AEH to get the start.

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
Tomorrow, if The Bulldogs come out with a W, we'll have a new number team atop the AP Poll.

Go Dogs!!

Reaction Score
I think that if Danberry hadn't come back, AEH would be starting. Vic said that she is fighting Bibby, Rickea and Danberry for minutes, but AEH can't rebound like Bibby or Rickea.

Reaction Score
i think AEH is a great role player off the bench with her ability to create a spark with her offense. I’m not sure about her as a starter though.

AEH did play really well vs LSU, in all phases actually. Took some charges, was active with her hands disrupting passing lanes, was actively working to get open and set other teammates up. I was happy for her. Before this game I saw a kid who was struggling with her confidence. Maybe that’s a turning point for her.

Reaction Score
I think SC has been waiting for a high profile game to get the juices flowing. Could be a buzzsaw game. Give me the Gamecocks by at least 15. I say this with all respect to MSU who I know will play tough defense. I don't see the score being super high for either team.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
How the SEC Schedule is determined.

Conference play will begin on Thursday, January 2 and run through Sunday, March 1. The schedule consists of a single round robin (10 games) and home and away with one permanent opponent (2 games) and two rotating opponents (4 games). The permanent opponents are Alabama-Auburn, Arkansas-Missouri, Florida-Georgia, Kentucky-South Carolina, LSU-Texas A&M, Ole Miss-Mississippi State, and Tennessee-Vanderbilt. Each team will play eight home games and eight away games. The rotating opponents changes annually. This marks the 11th year of the 16-game schedule for women's basketball and the seventh with 14 teams.

So Carolina gets a more difficult second game against Kentucky, while the Lady Vols and Miss St gets cakewalk opponents.

GoDawgs4

MSU and All That Too
Reaction Score
I think that equals out over time. We get 2 games with Auburn and UGA this year who were traditionally good teams that have struggled the last couple of years.

I do wish we could play SC twice because that would fun. As it stands this year SC will get two home games against State if we get to play each other for a second time in the SEC tournament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom