Missed the game | The Boneyard

Missed the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't know what happened but heard Boat only had 7 pts.
SMU is the best team in the conference so I guess the result shouldn't come as a surprise. But damn I was hopeful. We showed a lot in our 3 tournament wins and I'm proud of the way these kids fought but they just couldn't get over the final hurdle.
Nobody knows what will happen next year but players need to develop and become more consistent. Our bigs have to play like bigs : rebound better, box out and make successful decisions. We'll have a freshman PG who won't have Kemba, Bazzz or Boat to mentor him. It wouldn't surprise me if Adams struggles early as he adjusts to Div. 1 basketball. Players do get better between seasons and our returning players will have to improve. I'm convinced that they will.

Reaction Score
Danzz said:
Don't know what happened but heard Boat only had 7 pts.
SMU is the best team in the conference so I guess the result shouldn't come as a surprise. But damn I was hopeful. We showed a lot in our 3 tournament wins and I'm proud of the way these kids fought but they just couldn't get over the final hurdle.
Nobody knows what will happen next year but players need to develop and become more consistent. Our bigs have to play like bigs : rebound better, box out and make successful decisions. We'll have a freshman PG who won't have Kemba, Bazzz or Boat to mentor him. It wouldn't surprise me if Adams struggles early as he adjusts to Div. 1 basketball. Players do get better between seasons and our returning players will have to improve. I'm convinced that they will.

Don't watch it if given the opportunity. My condolences to your family.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If there's one thing you missed today, it was that Boat showed his team how to suffer, and more importantly, be a Husky.

He passed the torch to Purvis today, and it was beautiful to watch. It just sucks it didn't end up in a win.

Reaction Score
Boat got hurt coming around a pick. His shoulder/arm hit the opponents elbow I believe. It was a freak injury and probably doesn't happen on 99 out of 100 plays.

But he returned Willis Reed style and like CTB said showed them the UConn way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom