Miss St. pre game (UConn) press conference (at Miss St) | The Boneyard

Miss St. pre game (UConn) press conference (at Miss St)

Reaction Score
Click on the video below to see the Miss St pre game press conference concerning their upcoming game with UConn. It was held, I believe, at Miss St. today (there will probably be another one in Dallas on Thursday). All kinds of interesting stuff concerning UConn.......last years game, this years game, players comments, coaches comments. It's 35 min 50 sec......enjoy! Vic writes a couple of answers for his players on a sheet of paper! LOL!

Reaction Score
I really enjoyed listening to coach Schaefer's answers, after the players left the room........very honest, to the point ......and you can tell he has a great passion for the game and coaching!

Reaction Score
I really enjoyed listening to coach Schaefer's answers, after the players left the room...very honest, to the point .and you can tell he has a great passion for the game and coaching!

Agreed. All Boneyarders should take the time to listed to the part after the players leave the room. (starts at around 14:00) it's good stuff. I really wish the team would listen as well because it's clear he's going to have them ready and this one is probably not going to be a cakewalk.....

Reaction Score
Agreed. All Boneyarders should take the time to listed to the part after the players leave the room. (starts at around 14:00) it's good stuff. I really wish the team would listen as well because it's clear he's going to have them ready and this one is probably not going to be a cakewalk.....
So you're saying it's not gonna be 61-12 at half this time?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Funny in beginning as Vic says "careful" and actually writes her a note on shoves it to her as she answers the next question! Lord, lord, don't give UConn bulletin board material :eek:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, also seems that Rebecca gave Vic some bulletin board material ... shame, shame Rebecca! That will get around to her.

Do you think he said he coaches out of fear of losing, knowing full well Geno has said the same thing?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Do you think he said he coaches out of fear of losing, knowing full well Geno has said the same thing?

Well no. I don't think he said anything in there because it was something Geno said. That's why he's dangerous--he's capable of thinking his own thoughts. To me those thoughts seemed pretty clear-eyed.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Well, also seems that Rebecca gave Vic some bulletin board material ... shame, shame Rebecca! That will get around to her.

ESPN has given every team in the country material all year, including Uconn. And not just ESPN - from before the bracket came out for the last three years it has been being referred to as the Uconn invitational in every outlet imaginable. Maryland was being evaluated in terms of Uconn, as was every one and two seed regardless of region, 'can they compete' 'do they have a chance' 'who has the best chance'.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well no. I don't think he said anything in there because it was something Geno said. That's why he's dangerous--he's capable of thinking his own thoughts. To me those thoughts seemed pretty clear-eyed.

Oh, I agree. He just felt comfortable with putting it out there because Geno has said it for years and they know each other pretty well. An, I agree, he's absoliutely clear eyed. Some "experts" say Vic's team has to press UConn like crazy and Vic said I dunno, maybe they want you do to that. (remember Syracuse).

Reaction Score
A smart, clear thinking, direct, honest coach. He's in good company!

Reaction Score
There's no way to practice for what uconn brings which is heart and determination. You need 5 players that can score from anywhere for all 40 mins. As geno said he basically has 5 guards starting that can all handle the ball, pass and shoot which is really tough to stop.

Reaction Score
There's no way to practice for what uconn brings which is heart and determination. You need 5 players that can score from anywhere for all 40 mins. As geno said he basically has 5 guards starting that can all handle the ball, pass and shoot which is really tough to stop.

I think this year's squad is on a mission - even more than last year. There is just something more focused about their determination - their willingness to strive for better - and their team culture after a bad game - that feels different to me.

Reaction Score
These MS St. women are very likeable. It had to be difficult to have to answer all of the UConn questions, and revisit last year's disaster but they did it with good spirit. I'll feel badly for them when they lose again to UConn

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I love Geno's remarks directed to Crystal at the end of his presser.

Worthy of sharing:

"I'm going to tell Crystal Dangerfield, who may be able to look her eye-to-eye, This is a big game that could be won by little people, so you better get your butt in gear."

Reaction Score
Click on the video below to see the Miss St pre game press conference concerning their upcoming game with UConn. It was held, I believe, at Miss St. today (there will probably be another one in Dallas on Thursday). All kinds of interesting stuff concerning UConn..last years game, this years game, players comments, coaches comments. It's 35 min 50 sec.enjoy! Vic writes a couple of answers for his players on a sheet of paper! LOL!

Love this guy!

"You better get yourself grounded in a hurry [after the win over Baylor]. You better get yourself back to reality in a hurry. Because reality is coming Friday night at 9:00. "

"Those 3 kids I started on Sunday - they were chompin' at the bit. I mean they were ready to go - I could tell. The 3 games off from starting - they were ready to get back in the lineup. You know the old saying, "Who let the dogs out?" Those dogs were ready to come out!"

(Q: "is it different [playing in the final four], or just another game you're trying to win?") "I'm not too concerned about the 'lights.' I'm more concerned about who we're playing in the lights."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom