OT: Misquamicut Beach area | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Misquamicut Beach area

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Been going to Green Hill Beach for around a dozen years now and every summer there are more and more Connecticut license plates in the driveways of the houses in the neighborhood; many of them owners, not renters.

Has anyone mentioned the Bakery on Charlestown Beach Road or Daddy’s Bread on Moonstone Beach Road?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
$98 to eat...sounds like a tax on people who are bad at gluttony math?
Wonder how many come out saying, "that was worth it"?

Ive been their a few times. Totally got my moneys worth. So did my wife for that matter. And she's not a big eater. But if you can't throw down at least 3 - 1- 1/4 pound lobsters and some crab legs (Once you break out the tail and the two claws its not that much food.....Crab legs even crazier I mean you get like a couple oz of meat for each leg) ............ why bother going? Hell my daughter when she 13 and still eating meat a few years back put down 3 lobsters .
And they have raw bar stuff; oysters and Little Necks. How much do you pay for a 1/2 dozen oysters at a place , 15 bucks?
There is NOTHING to slurping down 20 oysters and little necks (for me at least. 20 wont really fill you at all) . At (very conservatively ) 2 bucks each thats like 1/2 your bill right there. Before you even start hitting Lobster and King Crab legs.

I mean its not something you would want to do more than once a year, but go in there with the right mindset that you have a day off of worrying about calories, concentrate on Oysters, Lobster and King Crab and pretty much anyone can eat the 100 bucks without breaking a sweat.

Take a couple fat rips off a Vape pen with good Indica strain and you can eat even more.

Reaction Score
Ive been their a few times. Totally got my moneys worth. So did my wife for that matter. And she's not a big eater. But if you can't throw down at least 3 - 1- 1/4 pound lobsters and some crab legs (Once you break out the tail and the two claws its not that much food.....Crab legs even crazier I mean you get like a couple oz of meat for each leg) .. why bother going? Hell my daughter when she 13 and still eating meat a few years back put down 3 lobsters .
And they have raw bar stuff; oysters and Little Necks. How much do you pay for a 1/2 dozen oysters at a place , 15 bucks?
There is NOTHING to slurping down 20 oysters and little necks (for me at least. 20 wont really fill you at all) . At (very conservatively ) 2 bucks each thats like 1/2 your bill right there. Before you even start hitting Lobster and King Crab legs.

I mean its not something you would want to do more than once a year, but go in there with the right mindset that you have a day off of worrying about calories, concentrate on Oysters, Lobster and King Crab and pretty much anyone can eat the 100 bucks without breaking a sweat.

Take a couple fat rips off a Vape pen with good Indica strain and you can eat even more.
Went on vacation as a kid to Key West, my pops and I stumbled upon a bar that had a sign for $1.99 for a dozen oysters with your purchase of a beer. It was my first time eating oysters and I put down 3 dozen. We went back every single day and each put back 3 dozen or so.

Reaction Score
Are those rock places still alive in Misquamcut? Remember seeing Mountain at the Carosel or the Sands or something like that.

Reaction Score
Ive been their a few times. Totally got my moneys worth. So did my wife for that matter. And she's not a big eater. But if you can't throw down at least 3 - 1- 1/4 pound lobsters and some crab legs (Once you break out the tail and the two claws its not that much food.....Crab legs even crazier I mean you get like a couple oz of meat for each leg) .. why bother going? Hell my daughter when she 13 and still eating meat a few years back put down 3 lobsters .

Helps taking a small piece of fruit like a melon with each plate.

Reaction Score
Is the Nordic Lodge the Old Custy's? Used to go there and once ate 9 lobsters. Also there was a picture of Andre the Giant who ate 49 in one sitting.

Wondering the same thing. Custy's was in N. Kingstown, as I remember. Day I was there, I was the thinnest customer by at least 250 lbs. I heard they moved to N Stonington, CT, but closed ~10 years ago.

August_West

Reaction Score
Wondering the same thing. Custy's was in N. Kingstown, as I remember. Day I was there, I was the thinnest customer by at least 250 lbs. I heard they moved to N Stonington, CT, but closed ~10 years ago.

It is not the old Custy's but they swiped the Custys model

August_West

Reaction Score

Actually when Custys reopened in Stonington for a bit they were both in play.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Thanks for the info Friar. Much appreciated. However, I have a 40ft Motor home. First I need to find a place that it will fit. Down south has plenty. Heading for Hilton Head next month. I need full hook ups. Reason is, when tanks are full I need to drive to a dump station. Not an easy chore packing everything back up or moving it to drive to a dump station. I do appreciate your feed back.

Reaction Score
Stay at the Ocean House in Watch Hill.

1551289991979.jpeg

Reaction Score
I visited last year for an afternoon & the wife plus 6 yr old want to make a few trips this year. Any suggestions for an 1-2 night hotel stay & drive back to CT.

Where do you like to eat in the Westerly/Narrg. area? Friends enjoy the Coast Guard House & we ate at Aunt Carries last year but it was a longer ride than we expected & a little overated. Cakes sandy enough to break a molar.

Try the Ocean House in Watch Hill. About one mile west of Misquamicut Beach

Reaction Score
You need to go to the Matunuk Oyster Bar (East Matunuk)
2-3 years, awesome. Last year, service appeared to drop down, attitude way up, and food quality very good to mixed to sub-par on a few separate night visits. Bad nights, waiters, or just law of averages perhaps ???

Reaction Score
2-3 years, awesome. Last year, service appeared to drop down, attitude way up, and food quality very good to mixed to sub-par on a few separate night visits. Bad nights, waiters, or just law of averages perhaps ???

Hmmm not sure never had anything bad that being service or food. Admittedly just found it 2 years ago and maybe 1/2 a dozen trips all really good. I’m sure it can happen but wouldn’t imagine how or why.

Reaction Score
Hmmm not sure never had anything bad that being service or food. I’m sure it can happen but wouldn’t imagine how or why.
Yup, it was unexpected yet we were visiting and aren’t regulars. Won’t stop us from hoping they were just a few unusual offs (waiters & some entrees)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom