Mir McLean Has a MOTOR!! | The Boneyard

Mir McLean Has a MOTOR!!

Reaction Score
Seems right hand dominant like Bria. Small sample size though.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
1585595690158.jpeg

Mir winning the tip. She explodes off the floor.

Reaction Score
it will be quite interesting to see how her skills translate at the next level...............in MM, NM and AG, UConn have three incredibly active defenders........... I would love to see them pressing opponents at specific times of Geno's choosing during a game........

Reaction Score
My favorite type of players have always been the smaller ones with the ability to outleap much taller opponents. Think Gabby, or Ashley Battle. And in doing so they have the added advantage of speed. One of the greatest examples of this was the early John Wooden teams. They had small speedy guards in Gail Goodrich and Walt Hazzard and their tallest player on the floor was Keith Ericson at 6'5". They played Duke in the final game for the National Championship and ran them out of the building. Duke measured around 6'10" at the forwards and center spots.

Reaction Score
I think Mir is the most slept on player coming to UConn next year. With Walker leaving I think Mir will have her chance to see minutes at the 4 spot. Yes she’s short and listed as a guard, but clearly she’s a undersized rebounding 4, almost looked like Nneka Ogwumike out there. I also like how excited she got with that 1st and one play at the start of the highlight video. Both Mir and Paige should really fire the team up when they make big plays.

Reaction Score
My favorite type of players have always been the smaller ones with the ability to outleap much taller opponents. Think Gabby, or Ashley Battle. And in doing so they have the added advantage of speed. One of the greatest examples of this was the early John Wooden teams. They had small speedy guards in Gail Goodrich and Walt Hazzard and their tallest player on the floor was Keith Ericson at 6'5". They played Duke in the final game for the National Championship and ran them out of the building. Duke measured around 6'10" at the forwards and center spots.
That was the Dook team that crushed us in the Elite 8. I took a lot of pleasure rooting for UCLA that night.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Mir is the most slept on player coming to UConn next year. With Walker leaving I think Mir will have her chance to see minutes at the 4 spot. Yes she’s short and listed as a guard, but clearly she’s a undersized rebounding 4, almost looked like Nneka Ogwumike out there. I also like how excited she got with that 1st and one play at the start of the highlight video. Both Mir and Paige should really fire the team up when they make big plays.
I find the Nneka comparison interesting. Nneka is about 3" taller than Mir and noticeably longer. Her footwork has become impeccable. Mir would do well to study Nneka.

One of Nneka's best traits is her relentlessness. Mir has some of that, and Geno will enhance it. Just like Gabby, Mir goes after rebounds and, whether it's a tip or a missed putback, she goes after the ball a second time much faster than anyone else.

In terms of excitement, the Crafty Croatian celebrates as if she just won a free trip to Disneyland.

Reaction Score
That was the Dook team that crushed us in the Elite 8. I took a lot of pleasure rooting for UCLA that night.
As did I, Uconnfan68, as did I. They ran the score up when they played us. I think the tallest player we had on the floor was 6'8". UCLA made them look like they were standing still and it was my all time favorite victory by a non-Uconn team.

Reaction Score
I find the Nneka comparison interesting. Nneka is about 3" taller than Mir and noticeably longer. Her footwork has become impeccable. Mir would do well to study Nneka.

One of Nneka's best traits is her relentlessness. Mir has some of that, and Geno will enhance it. Just like Gabby, Mir goes after rebounds and, whether it's a tip or a missed putback, she goes after the ball a second time much faster than anyone else.

In terms of excitement, the Crafty Croatian celebrates as if she just won a free trip to Disneyland.
I was at the Uconn-Louisville game a couple of years ago at Gampel. If it had not been for Gabby''s rebounding that would have been a loss.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom