Minyon Moore | The Boneyard

Minyon Moore

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
My goodness they are killing it. Stanford has been loading up too, they could have some great battles in the coming years. I don't think Oregon St. is going to disappear either.

I'm glad she stayed out West.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
My goodness they are killing it. Stanford has been loading up too, they could have some great battles in the coming years. I don't think Oregon St. is going to disappear either.

I'm glad she stayed out West.
At best, I think Stanford is a year away vs. Oregon and OSU. You can’t expect a freshman to come in and dominate in a strong conference. Just doesn’t happen unless they are 6’4” or taller.
So this does raise an interesting question- who has a better freshman year
1. Jordan Horston
2. Haley Jones
3. Aliyah Boston

Reaction Score
I always liked Minyon more than her sister. Minyon was underrated coming out of high school due to injuries and deferring to her sister. Besides her sister was always dishing out flagrants, but she always got away with it in high school. Her game sort of made me biased in respect to her. However, after that National TV incident, she did cut back on her borderline play. I suspect it was so much a part of her game for so long, that the adjustment hindered her effectiveness. Minyon, on the other, hand always directed her energies to hustle and desire to win. Always loved her game.

Reaction Score
Ok...so Oregon is getting yet another point guard. How many point guards does UO get before Clark and/or Van Lith drop Oregon from their own radar screens? I would think this helps ND with Clark (or maybe Oregon State too?) Anyone have an idea where Van Lith is leaning? I know Baylor is after her heavily, as our other top schools, including Oregon State.

Reaction Score
Ok...so Oregon is getting yet another point guard. How many point guards does UO get before Clark and/or Van Lith drop Oregon from their own radar screens? I would think this helps ND with Clark (or maybe Oregon State too?) Anyone have an idea where Van Lith is leaning? I know Baylor is after her heavily, as our other top schools, including Oregon State.

Doesn’t Moore only have 1 year? Is she immediately eligible?

Reaction Score
Doesn’t Moore only have 1 year? Is she immediately eligible?
That is my understanding, she graduated from USC so she is a graduate transfer, able to play immediately, with 1 year eligibility.

Reaction Score
If she only has 1 year to play and is eligible to play immediately, then her transfer to Oregon probably has little effect on recruitment of Clark and/or Van Lith. If so, my bad.

No worries. That’s why I asked. I would’ve said the same

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oregon has been playing 2 PGs side by side for the last 3 years (Cazorla and Ionescu). Cazorla graduated, now Moore can slide into her spot. Moore and Ionescu will both graduate after this year so they might continue recruiting PG for the '20 class.

Reaction Score
Oregon has been playing 2 PGs side by side for the last 3 years (Cazorla and Ionescu). Cazorla graduated, now Moore can slide into her spot. Moore and Ionescu will both graduate after this year so they might continue recruiting PG for the '20 class.
Oregon already has two commitments of players that can play the point in the 2020 class, Tehina PaoPao and Maddie Sherr. In the incoming 2019 class they have an international point guard, Jaz Shelley from Australia that Kelley Graves is very high on.

Reaction Score
Nice job with all this by Oregon.

I feel like they are obliterating my number sense, as I feel like they've had 15 commits within the last month, forget about all the returning players!

Reaction Score
At best, I think Stanford is a year away vs. Oregon and OSU. You can’t expect a freshman to come in and dominate in a strong conference. Just doesn’t happen unless they are 6’4” or taller.
1. Jordan Horston
2. Haley Jones
3. Aliyah Boston
Stanford has enough returning talent that'll give them time to adjust to the college game. By midseason to the tournament time, one of their freshmen will definitely be a key player.

Reaction Score
1. Jordan Horston
2. Haley Jones
3. Aliyah Boston

Boston and Horston both have big chances to start next year. Jones will likely get a lot of playing time so the field may be even to start. It’ll be interesting who emerges as the best player of the class.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford has enough returning talent that'll give them time to adjust to the college game. By midseason to the tournament time, one of their freshmen will definitely be a key player.

Smith is their only significant loss I believe. While that is a big loss, there's still a whole lot of their nucleus returning. Sniezek didn't play at all so I'm not including her. Coffee had a few big moments for them but not really a key contributor. Should get Fingall back from injury, missed most of the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom