Minutes from insider info

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
90813C2A-6776-41F9-B747-45E1CC598B0D.jpeg

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Stand up and "accept" their all sports invite on behalf of UConn. If anyone objects yell "NO TAKE BACKS!" and run out the room.

Reaction Score
Why is there ice? Are you supposed to pour the drink out of the glass into a plastic cup filled with ice? The appeal of glass bottles is drinking straight from them and not having to pour them out. That is the biggest question I have WRT why you are at a Big Ten meeting.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why is there ice? Are you supposed to pour the drink out of the glass into a plastic cup filled with ice? The appeal of glass bottles is drinking straight from them and not having to pour them out. That is the biggest question I have WRT why you are at a Big Ten meeting.

There are glasses for the ice. Come on.

Reaction Score
Around the Holidays in 2010 I was staying a major hotel in Times Square for work and walked past the electronic meeting room calender. One of the meetings noted was "UAL CAL Executive Meeting." As I traveled a lot for work, I knew 'UAL' was United Airlines' stock symbol and 'Cal' was Continental Airlines's stock symbol. I was a 'gold' level frequent flyer in Continental. In May of 2010, the two airlines announced they were merging. Talk about tight secuirity around a multi-billion dollar transaction. LOL.

Reaction Score
Around the Holidays in 2010 I was staying a major hotel in Times Square for work and walked past the electronic meeting room calender. One of the meetings noted was "UAL CAL Executive Meeting." In May of 2010, the two airlines announced they were merging.
Dubious spiel Conehead, your recollection of a meeting around the holidays in 2010 occurred several months after the May 2010 merger announcement. I jest ;)

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Around the Holidays in 2010 I was staying a major hotel in Times Square for work and walked past the electronic meeting room calender. One of the meetings noted was "UAL CAL Executive Meeting." As I traveled a lot for work, I knew 'UAL' was United Airlines' stock symbol and 'Cal' was Continental Airlines's stock symbol. I was a 'gold' level frequent flyer in Continental. In May of 2010, the two airlines announced they were merging. Talk about tight secuirity around a multi-billion dollar transaction. LOL.
Bah, Chief predicted that merger in September of 2009.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I’m in a breakout session on UConn starting a wrestling program.

I'll have to assume that once that's wrapped up, you'll dive head first into a feasibility study of upgrading UConn lacross to D1 (after hiring the appropriate consultants, of course).

Reaction Score
I'll have to assume that once that's wrapped up, you'll dive head first into a feasibility study of upgrading UConn lacross to D1 (after hiring the appropriate consultants, of course).

I realize this stuff is said in jest but UConn's AD is basically a wrestling and Lacrosse Program away from offering the full compliment of non Football/Basketball sports that the conference really pushes on BTN. This does not include Ice Hockey as you already sponsor it. I've been a UConn to The B1G Fan for a long time and it truly disappoints me that this will likely never come to fruition. It all boils down to dollars, and if you can generate enough of them. That said I would love to have UConn M/W Basketball, Ice Hockey, Baseball, Soccer, and Field Hockey further strengthen the league. I also believe given stability that football would rebound into a credible product as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom