Minny waives Alaina Coates | The Boneyard

Minny waives Alaina Coates

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Coates was playing pretty well — way better than she did with Chicago. Presumably this was to make room for Fagbenle.

Unfortunately for Coates, there are a lot of quality posts around now, and her skill set is more limited than some.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
So who are they adding to the roster to replace Coates?

Reaction Score
So who are they adding to the roster to replace Coates?

It would suggest to me they preferred to keep Asia Taylor over Coates when they were planning for the return of Damiris Dantas from injury.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just tried to look at Coates stats on WNBA.com and only see a "current player" tab and Coates is no longer on it. That is cold.:(

Also wiped out of the team roster so cant see stats that way. Double cold.

Do not see an 'archived' tab in player section. I know it had existed earlier since I use it before. :confused:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Just tried to look at Coates stats on WNBA.com and only see a "current player" tab and Coates is no longer on it. That is cold.:(

Also wiped out of the team roster so cant see stats that way. Double cold.

Do not see an 'archived' tab in player section. I know it had existed earlier since I use it before. :confused:

https://stats.wnba.com/player/1628268/

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Wow, another illustration of how difficult it can be to gain traction in the WNBA. Injury early in a career compounds it. Look at MoJeff.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It would suggest to me they preferred to keep Asia Taylor over Coates when they were planning for the return of Damiris Dantas from injury.

Your observation was correct. Taylor was on their roster for Wednesday's game against the Mystics. They waived her the next day. As of today (Friday July 26) Asia Taylor is not the Lynx roster.

Atlanta waived Haley Peters to make room for Coates.

WNBA Transactions as of Thursday July 25, 2019

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Karlie might just be resigned to another seven day contract. Her first was expired. She played way more than Mabery the last couple of games. Unless Beard or Jones is ready to return?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom