Minnesota Lynx @ Connecticut Sun - 8/17/18 | The Boneyard

Minnesota Lynx @ Connecticut Sun - 8/17/18

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lindsay Whalen got a standing O before the game.

Connecticut was the younger and faster team. They rode a 53-33 second half to win by 17. Jonquel had 26 points, including 5 treys. To me, they seem to play better without Chiney. Strange.

Reaction Score
Minnesota waved the white flag with over 6 minutes left in the game. Reeve has no fight left in her.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sun drew 7,007 tonight. That is a great crowd this year for most teams.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Lindsay Whalen got a standing O before the game.

Connecticut was the younger and faster team. They rode a 53-33 second half to win by 17. Jonquel had 26 points, including 5 treys. To me, they seem to play better without Chiney. Strange.

Jones plays better without Chiney...I think Connecticut would be smart to trade Chiney in the offseason and build the frontcourt around Jones. You can get a really good play for Chiney and Jones is a better player with more upside IMO. She's been on an absolute tear as of late. Connecticut is extremely dangerous if she's playing like this.

Reaction Score
Post-game press conference is now posted. Thanks for the feedback on these. I find them very interesting/informative, and glad that some of you feel the same.

Reaction Score
Jones plays better without Chiney...I think Connecticut would be smart to trade Chiney in the offseason and build the frontcourt around Jones. You can get a really good play for Chiney and Jones is a better player with more upside IMO. She's been on an absolute tear as of late. Connecticut is extremely dangerous if she's playing like this.
Only problem with that is Jones for her size is not a strong inside player. Chiney is an incredibly strong inside player on offense and defense. She's a gamer.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Post-game press conference is now posted. Thanks for the feedback on these. I find them very interesting/informative, and glad that some of you feel the same.

Thanks for posting... really good stuff.

Layshia really played well. Enormous energy and positive vibe.
Jas needs to find her shot on Sunday. If she is hot, LA's very active D will have to stretch and her drives will be more effective as will Chiney and Alyssa's inside game. If she's popping, and we can hold Gray in some semblance of check, AND everyone else plays as they have the Sun can win this.

Atlanta always seems to screw the Sun... usually by beating us or out-trading us, now by wetting themselves against the Mercury. :( Considering the potential seeding swing, and the quality of the teams ahead of us in the rankings, the LA game should be played at championship game intensity. Sure hope Chiney can go.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom