Minnesota Lynx @ Chicago Sky - 7/07/18 | The Boneyard

Minnesota Lynx @ Chicago Sky - 7/07/18

Reaction Score
First game of the year Gabby isn't starting.

Reaction Score
21-20 Lynx end of first

No Gabby in the first quarter but she's in now at the start of the second.

Reaction Score
Dhi9omIX0AMPQLS.jpg

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
One of Gabby's better games. Besides her transition baskets, she had a few drives facing the basket including a blow by of Maya Moore that should give her alot of confidence. Still, imho, her outside shooting form needs to improve. Her feet always split open and she always appears off balance.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
One of Gabby's better games. Besides her transition baskets, she had a few drives facing the basket including a blow by of Maya Moore that should give her alot of confidence. Still, imho, her outside shooting form needs to improve. Her feet always split open and she always appears off balance.

Here's the drive on Maya:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don’t know if Gabby not starting was a general move or designed just for Minnesota. Dolson, Parker, and Coates teamed up to slow down Sylvia big time.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
After a 7 game win streak the Lynx are stumbling again. They need to start getting younger next season. Maya and Big Syl are still fine but they've got to bring in some new pieces around them.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Chicago played well and with energy. Also, Minnesota just looked a little lethargic.

I still think they will be very tough come playoff time but these busy regular season patches are tough on their aging core.

Reaction Score
After a 7 game win streak the Lynx are stumbling again. They need to start getting younger next season. Maya and Big Syl are still fine but they've got to bring in some new pieces around them.

Too much is being made of age. Taurasi is the same age as Whalen. Whalen’s just not in great shape. It’s never been something she’s strived for. Brunson had 12 rebounds in the last game against the Sparks. She’s a vegan. I’d say she has another season left in her.

Losing Howard was obviously a tough loss. Reeve messed up on that. She didn’t think Howard was worth max.

Zandalasini is a good young player.

I think Reeve was surprised by Parker starting this game, and didn’t have a great game plan from what I could tell. Fowles only took 7 shots against a fairly poor defense (up to this point). Maya was frequently triple teamed and she didn’t seem very prepared for that. Reeve’s subbing was really suspect.

The Lynx lost to Indy and Chicago last year and they still managed to win the championship. Wouldn’t judge too much on one game, but people often do.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Not judging on 1 game, we're around 20 games into the season. Minus the 7 game win streak the Lynx are 4-8 correct? They just don't look like a Championship caliber team this year.

Age doesn't effect everyone the same. Players can't play forever. At some point they diminish. Whalen and Augustus both appear to be at that point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom