Mind Set As The Season Approaches | The Boneyard

Mind Set As The Season Approaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I asked myself this question the other day: How do you feel coming into this season? I did not have an answer. The combination of a team of great talent and a new conference, with many of the challenges early in the season, leaves me in some limbo between the feeling of an all you can eat shore dinner and uh oh, what is going to spoil this for me.

My biggest question is can this team pick up from the magnificent point where they left off last Spring. Seems surreal that they can; not that they do not have the absolute ability to do it, but if they do is my head going to explode!

One could argue that last years 4 losses were enough to last this team at least 2-3 seasons in "the bitter taste of defeat" department. Geno does have a way of bringing people down to earth in the early going and we have some very level heads on the team (when not bunny earing POTUS) so I do enter the season with great confidence in the team. However, my mind keeps wanting to play the "what if" game in an effort to see the rocks in the road ahead.

Is this season an NBA season? That is, the regular season doesn't count, lets get on with it.

Anyone else been asking these or similar questions?

Reaction Score
Stef, Bria, KML, Breanna, MoJeff, Morgan, Brianna, Kiah, and Saniya. Those are the players we know will be on the squad and maybe two walkons. The talent is without question. If Kiah plays the way everyone knows she can and Saniya half approaches what she did in high school her freshman year, UConn has an amazing chance of winning the National Championship again.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
RMB2 - I have had a few feelings of angst as well because given the NCAA level of play and the returning players and the sophomore jump we expect ... it all looks great. And yet ... we do have recovering and nagging injuries that could provide a few bumps in the road. A healthy team should be awesome.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Mindset as the Season Approaches

maxresdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics