Million Dollar Babies | The Boneyard

Million Dollar Babies

Reaction Score
Estimates for just how much Paige et. al are likely to earn from their NILs vary but range as high as north of $500,000/yr. When Slim left high school, she was a highly prized recruit; Azzi is even more so. By the time Fudd was in 10th grade, she was already regarded as the best h.s. player in America. No one could have anticipated that Paige would have one of the greatest freshmen years evah, but expect Azzi to bring it, too.
Remember as this process moves forward that it isn't costing the NCAA and/or UConn a thin dime for these young ladies to cash in on their talent and popularity. No Husky can use any symbol associated with the university in their quest for gold, and all will have to wear the unis and shoes contracted by the school to use. No one can run around on the court in anything but NIKE.
But these players will continue to make big bucks for the NCAA and for UConn. Their fame will ignite box offices around the game and will attract good out of conference teams to play the Huskies for the payday if nothing else. Maybe Dawn can create a new banner: “They Beat Us but We Made Money.”
As I guessed a few posts ago, Azzi will now crank up her casual clothing business (already in place). Put me down for a red and black Fudd T if they come in men's XL to accommodate my post-pandemic expansion. Look to spend $15-20 on the Ts and twice that for the sweats. I'm saving up.
So: Slim and Azzi look to earn maybe $1 mil/yr. between them in the up-coming season, And everyone wins: the NCAA, the university, and the talent that makes it all possible.

Our very own Million Dollar Babies . . .
OIP.yLUzXhqt3uH82AgfAgEBGwHaII

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Estimates for just how much Paige et. al are likely to earn from their NILs vary but range as high as north of $500,000/yr. When Slim left high school, she was a highly prized recruit; Azzi is even more so. By the time Fudd was in 10th grade, she was already regarded as the best h.s. player in America. No one could have anticipated that Paige would have one of the greatest freshmen years evah, but expect Azzi to bring it, too.
Remember as this process moves forward that it isn't costing the NCAA and/or UConn a thin dime for these young ladies to cash in on their talent and popularity. No Husky can use any symbol associated with the university in their quest for gold, and all will have to wear the unis and shoes contracted by the school to use. No one can run around on the court in anything but NIKE.
But these players will continue to make big bucks for the NCAA and for UConn. Their fame will ignite box offices around the game and will attract good out of conference teams to play the Huskies for the payday if nothing else. Maybe Dawn can create a new banner: “They Beat Us but We Made Money.”
As I guessed a few posts ago, Azzi will now crank up her casual clothing business (already in place). Put me down for a red and black Fudd T if they come in men's XL to accommodate my post-pandemic expansion. Look to spend $15-20 on the Ts and twice that for the sweats. I'm saving up.
So: Slim and Azzi look to earn maybe $1 mil/yr. between them in the up-coming season, And everyone wins: the NCAA, the university, and the talent that makes it all possible.

Our very own Million Dollar Babies . . .
OIP.yLUzXhqt3uH82AgfAgEBGwHaII
Mmm maybe not the best analogy.

This was me at the end of that movie:

Boston Celtics What GIF by NBC Sports Boston

Reaction Score
Why do you call her Slim?
She was referred to as "Minnesota Slim" (play on "Fats") in a newspaper article, and I thought it fit. Got a better adjective? Many are possible.

Reaction Score
Mmm maybe not the best analogy.

This was me at the end of that movie:
I remember walking out of the movie theater in almost silence and hearing one lady say, “She lost - he killed her - Great movie,” In the most somber sarcastic tone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom