Miller, Gibbs, and Kromah All Selected in the Dleague Draft | The Boneyard

Miller, Gibbs, and Kromah All Selected in the Dleague Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't see DHam listed anywhere. Any idea where he is? DeandreD back in the D-League.

Reaction Score
I don't see DHam listed anywhere. Any idea where he is? DeandreD back in the D-League.
he is on okc blue .

DD is not in the d league. overseas in a weird situation in italy.

Reaction Score
Honestly, it seems smarter for many of these guys to get into coaching.

Like Shonn Miller, like the kid, but he's going to make an NBA roster as a 6-6 PF with zero range, handle or quickness? Huh

Reaction Score

Like Shonn Miller, like the kid, but he's going to make an NBA roster as a 6-6 PF with zero range, handle or quickness? Huh

No bashing here JSM, just see it different. It's all positive, he is young, has his education and the option to pursue his dream to boot. Someone professional feels he has an upside or he would not have been selected to collect a pay check to develop his game.
As for a coaching carrier he has that option also. Coaches are teachers and the more he gets to play for before making the transition the deeper his education of the game will be. KO had many doubters but maintained the course of his dream and not only made the league, got some $$$$ along with a world class of tutors / coaches of the game. It's paying off well for him now.

C

Chief00

Ok I got to clean up your post - I think Miller has a shot - not above 50/50 but a shot. He can shot better from the outside than you realize - he often practiced outside shooting but that was not his UConn role. He is also very athletic, smart and coachable.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

Dremand Green's don't grow on trees.

Reaction Score
You're comparing Shonn Miller to Draymond?

And people think I'm nuts? Huh

Look at the money coaches make, I'd chase that honestly.

Dremand Green's don't grow on trees.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score

Jesus duck***g Christ I did not compare Shonn Miller to Draymond Green. Is your reading comprehension that poor?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I don't think JSM comprehends this, but this is what these guys are doing for their livelihood. Coaching opportunities very rarely open themselves up to 23 year old kids. I don't think UConn has ever had a former player enter the coaching ranks without at least a few years playing ball somewhere. The reason they're playing in the D-League or Europe is because they want to be able to provide for their families (or in the case of the D-League, get noticed so they can gain a contract in a league where they actually will be able to provide for their families).

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Other local products who got drafted: Hartford's Mike Anderson (former Washington Husky) to Greensboro, and former E.O. Smith and UVM standout Ethan O'Day to Raptors 905.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Even Dove played professionally for a few years before going into coaching.

Reaction Score
I don't think JSM comprehends this, but this is what these guys are doing for their livelihood. Coaching opportunities very rarely open themselves up to 23 year old kids. I don't think UConn has ever had a former player enter the coaching ranks without at least a few years playing ball somewhere. The reason they're playing in the D-League or Europe is because they want to be able to provide for their families (or in the case of the D-League, get noticed so they can gain a contract in a league where they actually will be able to provide for their families).
Closest guy I can think of for going right to coaching is RJ Evans. Played maybe one year in England before joining Texas's staff as a GA. Will be on some staff, have heard UConn's in fact, in a fulltime position next year at ~25ish

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Closest guy I can think of for going right to coaching is RJ Evans. Played maybe one year in England before joining Texas's staff as a GA. Will be on some staff, have heard UConn's in fact, in a fulltime position next year at ~25ish

Good call on R.J. But I think having two graduate degrees puts him way ahead of most people his age. He got a 2nd master's at the University of Durham while playing in England.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score

I apologize I was out of line. I made a really aggressive post to a dumb comment on the football board and then it carried over to my happy place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom