Miles out at LSU; Houston bulk ordering xanax | The Boneyard

Miles out at LSU; Houston bulk ordering xanax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone suggesting Miles could end up in Storrs is crazy. That being said, if any chirps about Herman to LSU catch fire in the next few weeks then that could be a MAJOR swing our way. UH only makes sense to B12 as a football power with Herman at the helm.

Reaction Score
Anyone suggesting Miles could end up in Storrs is crazy. That being said, if any chirps about Herman to LSU catch fire in the next few weeks then that could be a MAJOR swing our way. UH only makes sense to B12 as a football power with Herman at the helm.
Herman will have his pick of LSU or Texas..I don't see Strong lasting past this season

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

As bad as the Big12 appears to be, I find it hard to believe they would assume that Herman would be there forever.

Reaction Score
As bad as the Big12 appears to be, I find it hard to believe they would assume that Herman would be there forever.
True but any rumors between now and October 17 (B12 meetings) bring more doubt than confidence in UH. It also challenges Herman to committ to UH. Reporters will be at his door tomorrow and I'm interested to hear his tone regarding the speculations.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Rumor has it they have already contacted Hugh Freeze. I don't buy it, but that's the rumor.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 will not be expanding. Nothing to see here. :cool:

It's time we start facing the reality here folks. We've been peeling the infected band aid ever so slowly for years.

Time to rip it off, get medical attention and move on.

Someone had to say it. :eek:

Reaction Score

It's time we start facing the reality here folks. We've been peeling the infected band aid ever so slowly for years.

That is most likely the best scenario that can happen to the AAC and the teams that would be left behind

Reaction Score

Nothing new here. It's been said before. Long before quite frankly. But the others have been called trolls. Should be interesting to see the reaction to your post.

Reaction Score
Nothing new here. It's been said before. Long before quite frankly. But the others have been called trolls. Should be interesting to see the reaction to your post.
Look above...I think that will the prevailing feeling...if UConn was gonna get left out better for nothing to happen. That should also coincide with no GOR extension and a count down to B-12 implosion.

Reaction Score
Look above...I think that will the prevailing feeling...if UConn was gonna get left out better for nothing to happen. That should also coincide with no GOR extension and a count down to B-12 implosion.
I agree completely.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Miles will have his pick of B12 schools and likely dominate the league. He's be a fool to go to any other conference. If he want's to stay in the SEC (don't know why) A&M would probably dump Sumlin.

Reaction Score

The part you are missing is "we have been peeling..." does not include you.

It's like you come to a party, 4 hours after it started and think you know everyone and act like you've been buddies with everyone for years.

Back to the women's BB board now, would you please?

Reaction Score
The part you are missing is "we have been peeling..." does not include you.

It's like you come to a party, 4 hours after it started and think you know everyone and act like you've been buddies with everyone for years.

Back to the women's BB board now, would you please?
Lol. This board is not a direct reflection of reality. I don't know anyone and don't pretend to know anyone. Again, your own insecurities - not my problem. That is something you need to deal with in your own. I have been a UConn fan for decades and just recently joined this board. I understand that there is a thing going on here, where the last guy to go has to eat the cookie, but I don't want anything to do with that...so don't feel threatened. Your "elite" status is ok with me and always will be.

Reaction Score
Need a coaching carousel thread for this season. There are probably going to be some big jobs open up.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Miles will have his pick of B12 schools and likely dominate the league. He's be a fool to go to any other conference. If he want's to stay in the SEC (don't know why) A&M would probably dump Sumlin.

It feels like some people on this board are missing something important. Miles has been fired...mid season...because he has NOT done a good job lately with LSU. His teams have underachieved and his multiple attempts in the past 5 years to put together a competent offense have failed.

Knowing that..why do posters on here think not only that he will get a top job..but also will "dominate" a conference. I can't imagine there is a large market for quirky stubborn guys who can't build an offense despite numerous NFL top draft picks being on the team.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Rumor has it they have already contacted Hugh Freeze. I don't buy it, but that's the rumor.

I don't buy it either. Freeze has to get through his NCAA issues first. He is a sketchy dude. You don't need to be sketchy to recruit at LSU. Lots lot local talent there.

Does the SEC have rules around coaches switching teams within the conference?

Reaction Score
It feels like some people on this board are missing something important. Miles has been fired...mid season...because he has NOT done a good job lately with LSU. His teams have underachieved and his multiple attempts in the past 5 years to put together a competent offense have failed.

Knowing that..why do posters on here think not only that he will get a top job..but also will "dominate" a conference. I can't imagine there is a large market for quirky stubborn guys who can't build an offense despite numerous NFL top draft picks being on the team.
Don't lose sleep over it - he'll be just fine in the long run.

Reaction Score
Reported to be btwn $10m-$12.9m depending on actual contract language.

Wow. What a crazy world we live in. Paying Les over 10 million to leave so they can pay the next guy 4-5 million a year.

They like weird, and dirty down there. And there really aren't a lot of big names out there. An offense is what they desperately want. Wonder if Art Briles phone has been ringing. I know the Ken Star endorsement seem to have interesting timing.

Reaction Score
There's a lot of reason to believe Herman would stay if UH went to the B12, not the least of which is his salary jump in his contract. But at this point, how do you evaluate UH if Herman leaves?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think Herman goes as he can keep recruiting in Texas and can expand to Louisana in the process. No matter how much money Houston throws at him won't keep him from one of the better jobs in all of the country and competing in the SEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom