MiKyle Mcintosh... | The Boneyard

MiKyle Mcintosh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just read an interview he did for SB Nations: State of the U. In the interview he mentions UCLA being his top choice only due to the fact that it's the only place he has visited and that Miami has started to push really hard, but that a family environment is important to him.

Hopefully UConn can get him in for a visit before the semester is out. One upside to this ridiculous ban we're facing is that if a recruit comes to visit now, we can really show them all UConn has to offer, especially someone who is looking for the environment he is. Just food for tought.

Here is the interview. Short and not very informative, but a quick read for his thoughts:

http://www.stateoftheu.com/2013/3/13/4097016/q-a-with-canes-hoops-recruit-f-mikyle-mcintosh

Reaction Score
Another poster said we aren't interested. My question is if Bazz, Boat Daniels and Wolf come back like I think they will then most likely we will have six scholarships to fill after next year. Bazz, Giffey, Olander and Wolf all graduate and I think it's a pretty safe bet Daniels and Boat will declare. We are involved with a lot of studs for '14 and I want a really good big class but getting 6 in one class leaves you a bit unbalanced. Not sure I asked a question there but you know what I'm saying.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I may be out of the loop but is Wolf returning next year an option? I haven't seen much news since his suspension.

Reaction Score
I may be out of the loop but is Wolf returning next year an option? I haven't seen much news since his suspension.

He posted a picture of himself on twitter with the caption saying something like "next season starts now...uconn 2014!!" or something like that.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
He posted a picture of himself on twitter with the caption saying something like "next season starts now...uconn 2014!!" or something like that.

Thanks, CT. If the legal issues play out and he's allowed to come back by HCKO then I'm all for it. He was starting to become a steady 4th option on O and a defensive force. We could use his size and motor next year.

Reaction Score
Another poster said we aren't interested. My question is if Bazz, Boat Daniels and Wolf come back like I think they will then most likely we will have six scholarships to fill after next year. Bazz, Giffey, Olander and Wolf all graduate and I think it's a pretty safe bet Daniels and Boat will declare. We are involved with a lot of studs for '14 and I want a really good big class but getting 6 in one class leaves you a bit unbalanced. Not sure I asked a question there but you know what I'm saying.
I love that we're going after so many in 2014, the question is, will we get them. The one great thing about UConn is, we always take recruits that aren't highly touted and turn them into well developed players who work well together. I mean, don't get me wrong, I would love to land Ahmed Hill, Okafor, Peak and all those other kids, but chances are we get 1, 2 at best. Mcintosh seems to be getting a lot of interest and at 6"6 230 would be a nice backup for Omar at the 3. I'd take Nolan, Samuel, Facey, Mcintosh and Wolfe/Giffey off the bench.

Reaction Score
I don't think we r pursuing. I like the video we saw I will say.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
We are involved with a lot of studs for '14 and I want a really good big class but getting 6 in one class leaves you a bit unbalanced.
I know this is going out on a limb but the last time we had a freshman class of at least six players we did win the national championship...

Reaction Score
do not think the staff is interested, seems like they are going big

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I know this is going out on a limb but the last time we had a freshman class of at least six players we did win the national championship...
Yeah, it worked once but more often than not those huge classes led to NIT appearances and seasons of double digit losses. This was always one of my pet peaves with JC, he often brought in huge classes that resulted in down seasons. If you look at programs that have consistent success, they generally bring in 3-4 players per season.

Reaction Score
I thought our last huge class was a mixed bag, actually it was kind of a disaster now that I think of it. Thabeet, Curtis Kelly, Stix, Dyson, Edwards, Wiggins, Mandeldove.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I thought our last huge class was a mixed bag, actually it was kind of a disaster now that I think of it. Thabeet, Curtis Kelly, Stix, Dyson, Edwards, Wiggins, Mandeldove.

Am I the only jackass who never embraced Jonathan because I think of this everytime I hear his name?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

I remember when UConn held the record for most times going to the Big Dance without ever making the Final Four. Here you have a recruiting class that formed the backbone of a Final Four team called a disaster.

Reaction Score
I remember when UConn held the record for most times going to the Big Dance without ever making the Final Four. Here you have a recruiting class that formed the backbone of a Final Four team called a disaster.
For an extremely highly rated class they didn't exactly pan out. Thabeet was a stud, Dyson looked really good his junior year and I think we had a great chance at winning it all had he not gotten hurt, Dyson's senior year was kind of a disaster, there is no disputing that. He started the season off well but at the end of the season he struggled more then any player in recent memory and we missed the tournament. Stanley had his moments but never put it all together, he was really good in the NCAA'S getting us to the final 4, he also had to spend time in a scrap metal plant before he was allowed back with the team, Curtis Kelly sat in the doghouse and then transferred, Wiggins showed some promise but couldn't stay out of trouble and then transferred. Gavin was ok and became a pretty solid player by his senior year, Mandeldove was pretty good at drinking beer. A few of them were a part of the final 4 run but overall this was a disappointing class in my opinion. They have to be the only class since Calhoun took over that never won a single Big East tourney game and they are the class that crushed our APR score. You might not like me saying they were a bit of a disaster but the truth is they were. I would prefer to remember them for being a part of a final 4 run but it's hard to forget all the other stuff.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Yeah, it worked once but more often than not those huge classes led to NIT appearances and seasons of double digit losses. This was always one of my pet peaves with JC, he often brought in huge classes that resulted in down seasons. If you look at programs that have consistent success, they generally bring in 3-4 players per season.
You bring in huge classes when you have huge holes to fill. Rudy, Marcus, Boone all leave early plus three seniors graduate. What are you supposed to do? Not many teams leave scholarships unfilled.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Reminds me of Mich State's Branden Dawson or perhaps
Caron Butler part deaux?

Reaction Score
... So if Howland is indeed out at UCLA & McIntosh was considered a UCLA lean, does UConn try to get back on this kid for 2013? Not sure how I feel, but something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom