Mike Patrick and Len Elmore not in the house tomorrow night | The Boneyard

Mike Patrick and Len Elmore not in the house tomorrow night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is becoming a more common practice for ESPN telecasts. It's just another measure to cut costs.

Reaction Score
that's some weak ass sh$. If they aren't in the building there's no point. They are there to give insights on what's going on that we can't see as a viewer. serious garbage.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Ya think they would do this with Kentucky? Duke? Kansas? Zona?

Welcome to the Group of Five fellas

What a joke ESPN has become.

Reaction Score
They can save money on travel and TV personalities, so it's not that shocking, I guess.

Reaction Score
Dang, when I read the title I thought you meant they weren't going to be the ones announcing and that we'd get some other pair. I really wished that was the case. Patrick makes about 50 mistakes with calls/names/or rules about every game and is otherwise insufferable to listen to. Elmore used to be good and insightful, but now, maybe it's age, I don't know, but he gets stuck on the same topic and has really slipped IMO.

I'm pretty sure he did the Tulsa game when we launched a million 3's and lost, and he rightly lamented that fact at the time. Then the next game he does, I distinctly remember it, we were getting great ball movement on a possession until we found RP with an open 3, which he missed but it was the right shot, and he goes back to harping about moving the ball and not settling. That's just a small example, but he's really gone downhill these last few years. I think he works best when he's the third man of a 3 man announcing crew.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Not to mention Elmore and Patrick are the AAC's "A Team" announcers.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We've had an all-star announcing lineup this year.

Reaction Score
I foresee a Frank Drebin moment for Mike Patrick as he forgets his mic is on when relieving himself. Len Elmore will probably be on Lexis/Westlaw looking up some cases for his law firm side job and go silent for 20 minutes or so here and there.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Haven't forgiven Elmore for the call of the UConn Memphis game last year. He blasted Brimah for a play when he was pulled down by a memphis guard who was trying to break his own fall and on the other end shrugged off some of the typical Memphis shenanigans. I thought he was awful the entire game. I'm a little disappointed that this thread wasn't about another crew calling the game.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I foresee a Frank Drebin moment for Mike Patrick as he forgets his mic is on when relieving himself. Len Elmore will probably be on Lexis/Westlaw looking up some cases for his law firm side job and go silent for 20 minutes or so here and there.
LOL. "laddidi ugh lallala pffft pffft" Classic LOL

Reaction Score
Wonder if they watch the same feed as us or multiple camera angles?

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Patrick needs to retire he is just plain awful. He can't remember anything, but mostly names it's a joke.

Reaction Score
I would turn the sound off but I like to save that ploy for critical times in a national championship run.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Or going to the kitchen to microwave some snacks and gets caught singing "The Final Countdown".

Reaction Score
This is brutal. They have no sense of what's going on other than what the camera is showing

Reaction Score
This is brutal. They have no sense of what's going on other than what the camera is showing
Yup. Like when Calhoun committed a foul. At first they thought the ball went out of bounds off Memphis. Then when everyone starting walking the other way they thought it was off UConn. If they were there they would have seen the foul call or at least they would have known the ball wasn't called out of bounds since they would have seen everyone, including all the refs, walking all the way down to the other side of the court. Stupid ESPN.

Reaction Score
My brother just called and said what's up with Patrick & Elmore they're worse than usual and it's like they're not even in the building. I laughed and said you're correct.

Reaction Score
My brother just called and said what's up with Patrick & Elmore they're worse than usual and it's like they're not even in the building. I laughed and said you're correct.
It's like they're sharing a stroke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3