Mike Nemeth voluntarily retires... | The Boneyard

Mike Nemeth voluntarily retires...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
“@JonesCcj: Tough to report that fmr Husky 1B and all time UConn hits and 2B's leader Mike Nemeth is listed on voluntarily retired list. #uconnbaseball”

“@JonesCcj: Nemeth was batting 235 with 2 doubles and 8 RBI. Wish him the best.”

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Knew Nemeth decently well while he was at UConn and he was a really nice guy. I'm sure he was frustrated with his results at the pro level but I think he can either catch on with an independent team or be successful in another career.

Reaction Score
Knew Nemeth decently well while he was at UConn and he was a really nice guy. I'm sure he was frustrated with his results at the pro level but I think he can either catch on with an independent team or be successful in another career.

Coaching?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Coaching?
In terms of another career? I was more going for he has a good head on his shoulders and should be fine after baseball. Although it also wouldn't surprise me if he could be a coach at some level. A player that graduated with him said Mike was always a hard worker that was convinced he should be better than he was. As a Freshman he thought he should be getting more ABs and hitting higher in the lineup so he worked hard to get to that point. Then as a Sophomore/Junior he thought he should be All Conference so he worked to get to that point (got 2nd team. Pitt's Chester was the 1st team selection, no shame there). That assessment came from a former player that could definitely be a coach some day in my opinion. So if Mike could take that self motivation and instill it in his players he could certainly be an effective leader.

Reaction Score
Was rooting hard for that kid. He was an absolute grinder out there. Wish the kid nothing but success in whatever he does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom