Mike Neighbors My Dream Job | The Boneyard

Mike Neighbors My Dream Job

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I love the vintage photographs of Mike as a boy playing ball in Greenwood, AR.

It's gonna take time for me to get used to seeing him in the SEC.

Reaction Score
Heck yeah. Great hire for the Lady Razorbacks. The SEC is going to be tough!! The defending champs, Miss. St. Lady Vols. Kentucky. Texas A&M. LSU....WOW!!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
A few thoughts:

- Washington: With Kelsey Plum, Chantal Osahor and Katie Collier all graduating, the opportunity for Neighbors to head home to Arkansas was certainly propitious.
Junior guard Natalie Romeo can't seem to buy a break: She left Nebraska after the Connie Yori situation and now Neighbors is leaving Seattle. At least, her "sit out" year was waived and she got in one year playing for Neighbors with Plum & Co.

- Wonder if Neighbor's hiring at Arkansas will make Christyn Williams reconsider adding Arkansas back to her possible landing spots?

- Great hire who can possibly have a very strong effect in the recruiting grounds from the TAM (Tn.-Ark.-Mississippi) region to Texas. Boy, will gyms be big enough for Mike Neighbors, Gary Blair, Vic Shaefer, Kim Mulkey and Karen Alston (at this point does Holly have enough room on her roster for anyone else ;) ).

- Will be interesting to see how what style of play he brings/amends. He strikes me as a guy who plays to his talent but it will be interesting, nonetheless.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Also Neighbors didn't have any top 60 players coming in next year to replace those ladies. Should have been an indicator. UW was really going to struggle next season in a great and growing conference. Nevertheless, he has a lot of work to do just to be competitive in his new conference. Arkansas has nothing coming this year, so 2018 would be the Neighbors real year to rebuild. Williams would have to sign on pretty much knowing that making the Boogie once in her 4 years would be a stretch. Remember as well, UConn recruits no longer have the pressure of maintaining any kind of streak, and in a way they could be part of an entirely new dynasty in Storrs. With Geno.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Junior guard Natalie Romeo can't seem to buy a break: She left Nebraska after the Connie Yori situation and now Neighbors is leaving Seattle.
Man, I totally forgot about Romeo momentarily. Geez. That's a bummer. :eek:

Reaction Score
A few thoughts:

- Wonder if Neighbor's hiring at Arkansas will make Christyn Williams reconsider adding Arkansas back to her possible landing spots?

That was my thought too.........so far she has not made any mention of the hiring on her twitter but I'm sure the new Arkansas coach will do all he can to keep her home

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Really good hire for Arkansas.

IMHO, a questionable decision by Neighbors when you look at where both programs currently are. I like him a lot, and I understand this is his alma mater but I really think he could've scored much higher that the Razorbacks and I think Washington is a sleeping giant in that region.

Arkansas is currently a mess. He's in for a massive rebuild, but if he can get Williams to stay home and restart that pipeline to Texas then he'll be on the right path. Good luck to him, but IMO that Arkansas job is a graveyard when it comes to WBB. The SEC is setting itself up to be a bloodbath with a lot of really good coaches... Staley, Schaefer, White, Mitchell, Warlick (stop laughing Huskies :cool:).. in order for Arkansas to come up then one of those programs likely has to come down.. judging by recruiting, I don't see SC, Tennessee and Mississippi State going anywhere any time soon.

But then again, people once said the same thing about SC.. so where there's a will I guess there's also a way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom