Mike Leach and Miss St | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mike Leach and Miss St

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is what I hate about CFB. Mike Leach is a stupid pig. But he is a successful CFB coach. So now I'm supposed to feel bad that we didn't hire a complete cretin even though the program would be better if we did.

Reaction Score
This is what I hate about CFB. Mike Leach is a stupid pig. But he is a successful CFB coach. So now I'm supposed to feel bad that we didn't hire a complete cretin even though the program would be better if we did.

Well yeah, Winning is more important then trying to be a nice guy. Most successful coaches especially football are @$$ wholes. Anyone who is against this is also part of the problem themselves.

Reaction Score
Bait! No vision in that search. A former colleaue of mine, and old editor comes to me and says -- they got a consulting group for that? I have a better list.

PP and Whipple? Ridiculous considering how attractive that job was coming off a Fiesta Bowl berth and still in the BCS. Adazzio would have left Temple after 2 weeks for the job. Hathaway wouldn't engage. That's probably why you had the Burton stuff at the time.

Water under the bridge, LOL. Mistakes were made. Not as bad as Diaco hiring, which I think Warde surprisingly messed up. In retrospect, should have kept Paul until end of the third year too, not fired after Buffalo. The program fell apart when they fired Paul, structurally. Discipline went away too, People wanted blood. But they should have let him bleed out.

I don't think they ever got the discipline back. The Diaco era was weird. I only covered him that first year, left local media that summer, But, when I look back there were signs immediately that it wasn't going to work.

I watched his introductory press conference on the internet and thought this guy is either supremely confident or a complete idiot. To me, the first sign was when he opened his mouth and starting gyrating around spewing talk about National Championships................

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Well yeah, Winning is more important then trying to be a nice guy. Most successful coaches especially football are @$$ wholes. Anyone who is against this is also part of the problem themselves.
Is there a line? Do you have to sink to the bottom of the barrel for a Mike Leach because he wins games? If he came here and made his noose comment, he would have gone in seconds. I've paid my own money to attend every UConn D-1 home game. If you think I'm part of the "problem", you have failed to identify the real problem.

Reaction Score
I watched his introductory press conference on the internet and thought this guy is either supremely confident or a complete idiot. To me, the first sign was when he opened his mouth and starting gyrating around spewing talk about National Championships................

Three points.
1. Didn’t like him the persona at the presser.
2. Heard from media members who dealt with him before at cincy and Notre dame —didn’t give good reviews.
3. UConn was very weird at this time. People had blood lust to fire a coach to prove they were big time. Paul failed, but, should have give him the full season in retrospect.

besides. I Talked with several assistant coaches that December. They said if they played that season again would have been different.

Reaction Score
FWIW The genius that is Mike Leach just lost to Arky and scored 14 points

Reaction Score
FWIW The genius that is Mike Leach just lost to Arky and scored 14 points
Leach may be a genius but his O coordinator was atrocious on two late 4th and one calls. A simple play action bootleg run (which was wide open both times) would have given them a first down near the goal line, yet each time they ran the RB right up the middle into a stacked D line and were stuffed twice. Not even Edsall would have twice sanctioned that insanity.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Leach may be a genius but his O coordinator was atrocious on two late 4th and one calls. A simple play action bootleg run (which was wide open both times) would have given them a first down near the goal line, yet each time they ran the RB right up the middle into a stacked D line and were stuffed twice. Not even Edsall would have twice sanctioned that insanity.

He did, in the fiesta bowl.

With the backup RB.

Much like leach did (except his star back was hurt)

Reaction Score

You do realize the OC at MSU is in fact Mike Leach

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom