Mike Gualtieri Podcast with Mark Blaudschun of the Boston Globe March edition | The Boneyard

Mike Gualtieri Podcast with Mark Blaudschun of the Boston Globe March edition

Reaction Score
We talked a bunch of topics but focused on UConn at the 11.40 min mark. Plus who will be the next coach at Qunnipiac (19.15 min). Plus get Mark's upset specials as you fill out your brackets (21.35 min). Check it out!

Reaction Score
We talked a bunch of topics but focused on UConn at the 11.40 min mark. Plus who will be the next coach at Qunnipiac (19.15 min). Plus get Mark's upset specials as you fill out your brackets (21.35 min). Check it out!

Blauds is clueless when it comes to UConn basketball. No mention at all of how big injuries played a part in the team's lack of success this past season. Just a lackadaisical comment that the bloom is off of the rose..
I will give him credit about his comments about AD Dave & HCRE. But, they are obvious. Blauds has no insight. All in all, 5 minutes of time that I'll never get back.

Reaction Score
Blauds is clueless when it comes to UConn basketball. No mention at all of how big injuries played a part in the team's lack of success this past season. Just a lackadaisical comment that the bloom is off of the rose..
I will give him credit about his comments about AD Dave & HCRE. But, they are obvious. Blauds has no insight. All in all, 5 minutes of time that I'll never get back.
Thanks for the warning, will pass.

Reaction Score
I have to be honest with you.....Blauds is still very connected in the sports world. You may not like what he has to say, but he knows what he is talking about.

Reaction Score
I have to be honest with you.....Blauds is still very connected in the sports world. You may not like what he has to say, but he knows what he is talking about.
How so? He's a solo blogger who's lost his contacts at BC, the old Big East and has none in the AAC. So how is he connected?

Reaction Score
He still has many contacts and is constantly talking to coaches. If you listen to my podcast, he knew about Cuse not getting into the NCAAs the morning of Selction Sunday.

Reaction Score
While Blauds may have lost some of his status as one of those reliable voices providing opinionated context he's not without well informed insight. You may not like it but his comments were as cogent and accurate/inaccurate as most. His take on MBB wasn't wrong. He mentioned the glory days of the Big East and JC and said our current home in the AAC puts us in a tough spot. The AAC lacks the aura of the ACC or B1G and if we don't have a stellar team with attractive star players it will be tough for fans to get up for the rather unexciting array of visiting teams from the AAC. That's as accurate an analysis as anyone else's.

Reaction Score
Yes you are right. The AAC is brutal right now for UConn. No other way to spin it. Those crowds at the XL last week were dismal.

While Blauds may have lost some of his status as one of those reliable voices providing opinionated context he's not without well informed insight. You may not like it but his comments were as cogent and accurate/inaccurate as most. His take on MBB wasn't wrong. He mentioned the glory days of the Big East and JC and said our current home in the AAC puts us in a tough spot. The AAC lacks the aura of the ACC or B1G and if we don't have a stellar team with attractive star players it will be tough for fans to get up for the rather unexciting array of visiting teams from the AAC. That's as accurate an analysis as anyone else's.

Reaction Score
He still has many contacts and is constantly talking to coaches. If you listen to my podcast, he knew about Cuse not getting into the NCAAs the morning of Selction Sunday.
??? This is an indication of connectedness ???

Reaction Score
Those crowds at the XL last week were dismal.

The conference wanted $70 to get in the door for a team that was sitting at .500 on the year. Obviously this season was a dumpster fire, but as someone that attended many games this year at XL/Gampel, I was impressed even in the worst season in 30 years fans showed up (some exceptions I don't think I need to rehash here). Amazing what happens when pricing is somewhat reasonable and isn't determined by a bunch of buffoons in Providence.

Reaction Score
He may be connected but that doesn't mean his analytical points aren't wrong.
So which guru's analytical points are "right"? Analysts express opinions. They are neither right nor wrong.

Reaction Score
Sorry guts....not trying to troll at all. I was at the XL Center Thurs, SAT, and SUN. Just what I observed. Will always respect the UConn program

I'm a little sick of the BC guy coming over here to troll our board.

I fixed your post for you.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Sorry guts....not trying to troll at all. I was at the XL Center Thurs, SAT, and SUN. Just what I observed. Will always respect the UConn program

Don't be scared away by the naysayers. As you know this is a board full of opinions and accordingly you will hear it all. Please keep up the interviews.

Reaction Score
Thanks Exit 4. Thanks for listening

Don't be scared away by the naysayers. As you know this is a board full of opinions and accordingly you will hear it all. Please keep up the interviews.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom