Mike DiMauro: ESPN got it right this time | The Boneyard

Mike DiMauro: ESPN got it right this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Seriously. If you follow sports media, you are aware that ESPN gets blamed for everything short of Apartheid. And rare is the day hosannas come its way, even when ESPN's work is exemplary. This just in: ESPN's work at the Final Four last week should have everyone who gleans even a hint of enjoyment from women's sports applauding.

LINK

Reaction Score
Thanks ESPN for showing 15 UConn games this year. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but between the regular season, AAC tournament, and NCAA tournament they broadcasted an awful lot of UConn WCBB games this year.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Thanks ESPN for showing 15 UConn games this year. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but between the regular season, AAC tournament, and NCAA tournament they broadcasted an awful lot of UConn WCBB games this year.
The more the merrier.

Reaction Score
The more the merrier.
Between ESPN and CBS, UConn had 18, or just about half of their games this year broadcast to a national audience. I'm not sure anyone else comes close to that kind of national exposure, and I wonder if that sort of thing is used as a recruiting tool by the coaching staff or if every school has all of its games on TV these days.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I used to hate TV coverage for NFL, because whenever the Bucs did not sell out, we got a Cowboys game, just because the honchos bought that it was "America's Team".
But I go from hating a monopoly to :p:D:p:D:p the coverage of our Huskies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Now if they can just do something about international coverage...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
You know you say 'national' coverage in reference to ESPN and CBSN, but the reality, thankfully, is that SNY is a 'national' network as well and their broadcasts for Uconn are streamed free on ESPN3. I know it doesn't have the footprint of ESPN or CBSN, but it does have that national distribution so, while Moriah's parents may not have been able to see many games live, I am sure they have arranged their TV supplier specifically to get the SNY broadcasts. And yes, that is important for recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom